Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status from h4 to f1

Hello,
    I'm seeking this advice on behalf of my wife and daughter. I'm currently in the US on H1B visa that would expire/max out in less than 3 months. My wife and daughter are on H4 visa. I alone plan to exit the country once the visa expires.

My wife has been pursuing her Masters in Business from Texas Women's University and she wishes to change her status from H4 to F1, and my daughter's status from H4 to F2. We have filled out the I 539 and I 539A forms and collected all documents required.

Our questions:
    1. Can my wife and daughter stay in the US with the receipt notice for I539 once it's received?
    2. Can my wife continue her course with the receipt notice? The college already said she can
    3. How long can my wife and daughter stay in the US until the petition is approved? With uncertainty around travel these days, is this duration 180 days or 240 days?
    4. If possible, can my wife complete her course, get her graduation before this grace period and be able to exit the country while the I 539 is still pending?

what does this mean? I do not really understand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X