Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion to F-1 Visa from L-2

Hi,

I am writing this on behalf of my colleague who is about to be repatriated to India permanently. He is currently on L-1 Visa and his daughter is in L-2.
    His work petition is valid till May 31st 2021 and L-1 visa till 2023. We understand that as soon as he repatriates back to India, his L-1 status will expire and so will dependents' L-2 status.
    His daughter is currently in college attending online classes, however, she can not do that after her status as L-2 expires unless the visa type is converted to F-1.
    They have already filed for F-1 application with USCIS but it seems unlikely that it will be processed before he leaves the country. They were exploring the other option of getting F-1 from consulate in India and getting the stamping done but his daughter's university is not providing I-20 because they are not conducting in-person classes.
    Can someone please advise what should be the course of action for them since if the daughter doesn't get an F-1 visa, her studies will be heavily disrupted.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X