Travelling to USA for master's in June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to USA for master's in June

I am an India and I have got my F1 Visa stamped last month for Master's in Computer Science. My session starts 7th June.
    But due to ongoing pandemic there is a ban for Indian citizen with an exemption for students on F1 Visa who are planning to travel in August for fall session. Not sure if I am eligible for this exemption as my class starts in June or do I need to defer my session to fall session to fall under the exemption category

Hi,
    Exemptions are, Students seeking to commence studies in the fall, certain academics, journalists, and individuals who provide critical infrastructure support in countries affected by a geographic COVID-19 restriction are exempt. Such students and academics would qualify under the ‘National Interest Exception’ only if their academic program begins on 1 August 2021 or later. In addition, students who hold the F-1 and M-1 visas and will be continuing or beginning their academic term on or after 1 August 2021 won’t need to contact an embassy or consulate and can enter up to 30 days prior to the commencement of their program.
    If you are not eligible for this exception then please speak with DSO and take necessary action.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the information.
      Actually I have already read this in the official website. This is what creating doubt if I am eligible for the exemption since my class starts June 07, 2021. They have mentioned about F1 students travelling during August. But there is no information about students with valid F1 Visa travelling in May for Summer session.
      I tried calling Embassy but I was told to contact Visa related customer service and when I called them they had no information about it and I was told to go through traveldoc websiste.
      Secondly, I went through United Airline website it says that students holding valid F1 visa can travel to USA with the airline. I even contacted Customer support they are saying that F1 Visa category can travel in May. There is no restriction on dates/Month.

All of this is creating a lot of confusion.
      Last edited by smriti kumari; 05-04-2021, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Hi,
        have you checked with DSO? If not so, Kindly contact them and discuss about this.. They are the right person to guide you on this.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X