Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD to F1 visa processing time

Hi,

I am residing in US on TD visa, which is a dependent visa, and I need to convert or change the status from TD to F1 (student visa) for study purposes. What is the typical process? and how long does it take for USCIS to convert?

Is premium processing available for it?

Thanks,

Hi,
    The best way to Converting change of status from TD to F1 is just cross the border with I-20 and other supporting documents (if you are Canadian) It is more easier than filing Change of status petition.. Now a days change of status petition is taking bit more days to get adjudication..
    So, expedited way to change the status is to get at POE.
    Thanks

Comment

If I apply at US consulate in Toronto after obtaining I-20, how long does it generally take to process?

Comment

Hi,
        As per my knowledge, if you are Canadian then you don't need to go US consulate to obtain a visa rather you can just cross the border with all supporting documents. At port of entry, officer will verify all your documents and take action on the visa you are requesting.
        If you are Mexican then you can schedule appointment at consulate to change your status. Regarding Appointment wait time, you can check concern country US consulate website.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X