Was my F1 visa canceled/revoked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was my F1 visa canceled/revoked?

I arrived in the US in 2005 on an A2 visa. Later, after graduating high school, I switched over to F1 visa. On my passport, the A2 visa was stamped as I never left the US to get F1 visa stamped from my home country. Unfortunately, in my second semester due to an illness I wasn't able to attend some of my college classes and fell out of F1 status due to low attendance. I appealed to USCIS but my reinstatement plea was denied. I voluntarily left the United States in 2008 within the 180-day grace period allowed by USCIS. There is no mark/stamp of revoked or canceled on my passport.

Now, if I want to return to the US for MS or Ph.D. I would need to answer the DS-160 question regarding visa revocation/cancelation. Does this situation constitute a revocation/cancelation? It has been a long time since that happened, but I don't want to misrepresent myself on the DS-160. Should I answer yes or no to the revocation/cancelation DS-160 question?

Hi,
    Please see my Answers below.
    Does this situation constitute a revocation/cancelation?
    Answer: Yes.
    It has been a long time since that happened, but I don't want to misrepresent myself on the DS-160.
    Answer: You are right. Always, you will need to provide exact and truth answer. It will surely protect you when arises any problem/question at the time of Interview.
    Should I answer yes or no to the revocation/cancelation DS-160 question?
    Answer: As I mentioned above, you will need to say as YES.
    Thanks.

Comment

you had no visa to revoke; you apparently fell out of status, which is different than having a visa cancelled. But I would check 'y' in that box and be prepared to explain to the CO about all that happened.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X