No announcement yet.

F1 Student Visa, Indian Company not relieving because of 90 day notice period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Student Visa, Indian Company not relieving because of 90 day notice period

I received F1-Visa approval and I immediately informed my current company's manager. But the company HR is not relieving me, stating the 90 day notice period. I plan to return my laptop before entering US (80 days before my notice period ends) and I will NOT work from US. Please let me know if anyone else has faced this situation and if there are any issues if I don't get official relieving letter before entering US? Thanks in advance!

why can't you quit when YOU want?

Comment

Hi,
      Your current occupation and relieving will not impact your F1 visa. But, you will need to follow the agreement that you have with your current Employer. If you accepted the terms and conditions then you will need to follow otherwise you will need mutual understanding with your current Employer and they releave you before you travel to the USA.
      Its always to have proper release from the current Employer and your Experience letter and other documents that you will be getting from your current Employer will really helpful to you in future.
      All the best.
      Thanks

Comment

Hi,
        You can check with your HR if there is any buy out option incase of strict 90 day policy. You can always negotiate with your HR stating your situation.
        All the best
        Ty.

Comment

tellthebell

The company must issue a relieve letter along with experience letter after the completion of the notice period. In the event of non issue of relieving letter or any required document for the employee that amount to breach of the contract and you are entitled to get compensation and damages from the company.
          Last edited by dennis58; 08-18-2021, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Hi Dennis,
            Here the ask is for the relieving without serving the notice period. Company policies are strict about notice periods depending upon the role the candidate is performing. In most cases, they relive if they can back fill the role immediately. Good way is to negotiate with HR and buy out if you want a smooth relieving.

regards
            Ty

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X