Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone managed to reschedule a visa appointment in India from June 14 onwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone managed to reschedule a visa appointment in India from June 14 onwards?

I have a visa appointment in March 2022 and I have been unable to find any new dates over the last 3 weeks, even when I look for dates in Feb and March 2022. I started wondering if they have blocked the ability to reschedule appointments at present, for some reason. I emailed the Delhi consulate a few days ago and they said they are currently unable to reschedule appointments, and that applicants should not cancel or change their current appointments. I contacted USTravelDocs since they never informed us about anything like this, but I haven't got any clarifications. Has anybody on this forum managed to reschedule an appointment at all since June 14? I know the consulates may not expedite visa appointments other than those on medical/humanitarian grounds. But I just want to know if the website has allowed anyone to reschedule an appointment since June 14 (either by changing the existing date, or by cancel and reselect), even if only for a regular appointment months away. Thanks!

Hi,
    What kind of Visa are you referring here. If it's an F1 visa you can always raise an emergency request based on the college start date. For other Visas they are not expediting unless there are strong grounds like family separation or health care workers.

all the best
    Ty

Comment

Thanks for responding - I'm a doctor applying for an H1B, with an appointment currently scheduled for March 2022 (!). I submitted an expedite request with a letter of support from my employer (it is a State University hospital) but surprisingly they rejected the request instantly saying they are unable to expedite any appointments due to COVID. They won't even say if the rejection was for some technical reasons (the website kept throwing up an error message when I was trying to submit the request).

I'm checking for just regular interview dates in January or February 2022, but even that seems to be impossible. I started wondering whether they have blocked the reschedule functionality on their website right now. I emailed the Delhi consulate and they said they are currently unable to reschedule appointments (I assume they are talking about the regular appointments and not expedited ones), and that applicants should not cancel or change their current appointments. I then contacted USTravelDocs since they never informed us about anything like this, but I haven't got any clarifications.

So now I'd really like to know if any applicants (F1, H1B or any other) have managed to reschedule a regular appointment (even if not for a significantly earlier date). It's unfortunate that there is no reliable official source of information for things like this.
      Last edited by Anon005; 08-16-2021, 02:26 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X