Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa renewal time

Hello,

I am currently in the US on OPT. I am working as a Postdoctoral researcher. I plan to go to India in December for a month. My F1 visa is about to expire in October. So, I need to renew it as well when I am in India before I return to the US.

I am wondering how long it is currently taking to obtain an interview slot and renew an F1 visa (potentially in Mumbai). Has anyone recently been on the same ship as me? Any information on this will be helpful.

Regards
    Last edited by psiddire; 08-23-2021, 12:23 PM.

If I am not mistaken, then the F1 visa is given immediately after the interview.
    At least when I entered the university for the degree it was like that. I attached the motivational letter writing on the student website, where you can see user ratings and reviews.
    In any case, you can ask an additional question on the site in.usembassy[.]gov
    Hope it will be useful.
    Last edited by RobertFrench; 08-31-2021, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Hi,
      Obtaining visa Interview slots are making much delay now a days. But, Since you are coming under Student visa, you may get the slot soon. Just complete all the stages and look for the dates.
      Other than that, If Officer satisfies with your Answer and documents they will approve immediately. If they additionally require anything or want to do some back ground verification then it will maximum 180 days to know the status.
      All the best.
      Thanks

Comment

Hi, if you completed a doctoral degree and doing research now. It mainly depends on the field of study. If your field of study comes under TAL(Technology Alert List) which would increase chances of 221g for further administrative processing, plan early at least a month, there is no specific time frame for this (min 4 to max 26weeks). If no TAL you will be fine just attend the interview. Good luck

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. It gives me very useful information. I was previously given a 221g because I am in particle physics. It took about 1 month at that time. I might have to go through the 221g again. I will have to plan my trip accordingly.

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X