Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent - Should I cancel my H4 visa interview? Pending admission from colleges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - Should I cancel my H4 visa interview? Pending admission from colleges.

Hi

This is about my wife. I got married to her earlier this year. She is currently in India. After a long wait we finally got a H4 visa interview slot in Delhi on 25th of october 2021. This is her first H4 visa stamping interview.

She also applied for a couple of colleges and got interview invites for admission from Wharton and Kellogg school of management. Due to the covid situation in USA, her admissions got delayed and the colleges have just started the process again. We do not know how long the admission process will take. It could be two to three rounds of interview and on top of that we don't know the results of the interview.

In the event she gets admission from one of the colleges, can she attend F1 visa interview again while in India after she is already stamped with a H4 visa. If that is a problem we would like to cancel the H4 visa interview and wait till the admission process is complete and if she doesn't get into any of the colleges, then apply for a H4 visa.

Though she is going for a H4 visa, she wouldn't travel to usa until she gets the admission results from the colleges.

The plan is

i) attend h4 visa interview get stamped
    ii) be in india and wait for college results
    iii) if she gets an accpetance from any college apply for F1 visa
    iv) F1 visa will over ride H4 and then she can travel to USA on F1 visa.

All of this is with the fact that she will still be in India. Is there a risk in this approach or should we cancel H4 visa and wait for admission results.

We do not want to take the route of she coming to USA on H4 get the admission in college and apply change of status from H4 to F1..
    We are okay with her waiting and staying some more time in India till she gets her admission results.

Hi Member,
    Here is my response.
    can she attend F1 visa interview again while in India after she is already stamped with a H4 visa.
    Answer: Yes. This is possible. If the purpose of visa is valuable then no issues of requesting change of status.
    Is there a risk in this approach or should we cancel H4 visa and wait for admission results.
    Answer: If the ultimate goal is to study then why you need to prefer H4 stamping. You can directly target F1 visa once you have all the document on your hand.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X