Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addition of part time PG diploma in ds 160

Hi,
    I am filling out my ds160 for MS in USA, and it asks for all the education credentials that i have done in the past. Last year i started a part time distance education PG diploma which will be completed in May this year. Now, I have not mentioned this diploma while applying to the universities, neither it has any worth. So i am in doubt if can i keep this diploma omitted from ds160 form, or if i do not add it, will they already know that i have a part-time education going on? Also even though i have successfully completed first semester of it, but the university is not issuing the mark sheets and its been over an year. So i cant even prove that I am going through the PG diploma with success and good grades.

I am not hiding this information for some bad intention, but i don't want to complicate my profile and then regret it later. Please help and suggest what should be done.

Never lie (when a form asks you to list all your past history and you omit it, it is lying) on an immigration application. I spent years as a state university administrator. I have no idea why you think having done some part time study has any bearing on anything as far as your masters program is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingron View Post
      Never lie (when a form asks you to list all your past history and you omit it, it is lying) on an immigration application. I spent years as a state university administrator. I have no idea why you think having done some part time study has any bearing on anything as far as your masters program is concerned.
      Hi flyingron, Thanks for your answer. While applying to the universities, i had mentioned this to one of the universities and it jeopardized my application. It was not because of some wrong education, but only because i couldn't show them the transcripts or anything official of me being a bonafide student. Now for a visa officer, I know they wouldn't be concerned specifically about my transcripts, as in the interview i can totally describe him about the situation of not having anything official from the university YET. But I dont want this to be backfired like I did with my university application, even though my intentions were right. So keeping all the scenarios in my mind, can you please suggest how would I handle the situation if out of the blue visa officer ask me about any documents related to the university? Will ID card and print out of my results webpage (unofficial) be enough to put forward my credibility.

Comment

I agree with flyron, never lie on an immigration application! you will show yourself as not a reliable person who cannot be trusted. and the information they want to get - they will still find. Do not be afraid to experience difficulties in registration. This is fine. students save time with essay writing service during the period of filling out documents and studying. I often looked for someone who could help me and there are website where writers who can help you complete your first training and focus on your immigration application. This is the best option to win you more time and save nerve cells. Good luck
        Last edited by ZacharySaenz; 05-03-2022, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I agree with your opinion. Tell me what you can do, and don't lie about anything. For me honesty is very important because once they lose faith in me, there will be a bad impression

Comment

I agree with his words. I know a lot of stories when people were rejected because of such a little but still important lie. Nothing happened if you'll add it to your list, it does not complicate your profile. All education is important, even a part-time one.
            Last edited by motherlymuslin; 08-23-2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacharySaenz View Post
              I agree with flyron, never lie on an immigration application! you will show yourself as not a reliable person who cannot be trusted. and the information they want to get - they will still find. Do not be afraid to experience difficulties in registration. This is fine. students save time with essay writing service during the period of filling out documents and studying. I often looked for someone who could help me and there are website where writers who can help you complete your first training and focus on your immigration application. This is the best option to win you more time and save nerve cells. Good luck
              Thanks for explanation.

Comment

I agree with all guys above. I know a story of one of my classmates who tried to lie on an immigration application and he was canceled. People who check them are also people but not robots. And all people appreciate the truth. You might do a little cheating during education (especially since I used this source to get some help with my study tasks). But when it's about such serious things - be honest. Wish you luck!
                Last edited by Sphygmophone; 12-30-2022, 05:22 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X