Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Understanding F1 Status (via COA) vs. Visa (stamp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding F1 Status (via COA) vs. Visa (stamp)

Hi,

Is it correct that entering F1 status via COA from J1 has many more limitations than receiving an F1 visa from the home country and entering the US with that? For example, I believe F1 visa holders are allowed to travel outside the country with permission from the school (page 2 of I-20). Is it the same for F1 status? Also, is this travel only allowed in the case of withdrawal or LOA, or could it simply be something like "visiting home during the summer period". I have additional questions but will wait for now. Thank you.

Please be aware that change of status process results in F-1 status, but an F-1 visa stamp is not issued. Visa stamps may only be issued overseas at a U.S. consulate or embassy. F-1 status allows you to stay legally in the U.S., but you will need to obtain an F-1 visa stamp if you leave the U.S. and intend to re-enter. Dinar Detectives

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesota View Post
      Hi,

Is it correct that entering F1 status via COA from J1 has many more limitations than receiving an F1 visa from the home country and entering the US with that? For example, I believe F1 visa holders are allowed to travel outside the country with permission from the school (page 2 of I-20). Is it the same for F1 status? Also, is this travel only allowed in the case of withdrawal or LOA, or could it simply be something like "visiting home during the summer period". I have additional questions but will wait for now. Thank you.
      What is "COA"? Do you mean Change of Status (COS). The status you get from an approved Change of Status is the same as the status you get from entering with that kind of visa. The conditions for travel abroad are the same. The only thing is that if you don't have an F1 visa, you would need to get an F1 visa abroad before returning to the US in F1 status again. (But even if you had entered on an F1 visa, if the visa is expired, you would likewise need to get a new visa abroad before returning to the US in F1 status again.)

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

1. What is F1?
        F1 stands for First Generation. This means that the plant was grown from seed, not cuttings. Seedlings are often referred to as clones.
        2. How do I know if my plant is F1?
        If you have purchased seeds from a reputable company, they should provide you with information about their strain's parentage. If you're unsure, ask them!
        3. Why would I want to know if my plant is an F1?
        This is useful information for growers who wish to breed their own strains. You may choose to purchase seeds from a breeder that offers F1 seeds, or you could simply start with a clone. Either way, knowing whether or not your plant is an F1 helps you determine how much pollen you need to use to pollinate your plant.
        4. How do I get an F1 status via COA?
        You'll find this information on the back of your seed packet.
        5. How do I get F1 status via stamp?
        You'll find the stamp on the front of your seed packet. This is only valid for those who bought seeds directly from the company.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X