Questions regarding F-1 visa renewal via dropbox method? Pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding F-1 visa renewal via dropbox method? Pls help

Hello, I completed my undergrad in May 2020. Started Masters in Fall 2021 & graduating this June. I have already applied for OPT. My F1 visa from undergrad is expiring in Nov2023 and I want to renew from Canada via dropbox method. I have some questions about DS-160 form since renewal follows similar process as applying a new visa.
    1. Since I am already in US, what to fill under "Intended date of arrival" & Length of stay in US"?
    Quick backstory: My F1 visa was terminated in 2018 due to poor academics and I was to depart US. I overstayed by few months(I am stupid I know). I returned to home country, re-applied in 2018 and convinced the officer to grant me visa so I can complete my studies. I returned to US in 2019 and resumed my studies.
    2. So under Explain box of "Has your US visa even been cancelled or revoked?" can I write: "F1 visa terminated in 2018 due to poor academics, reapplied in 2018 and returned to US in 2019 to resume studies. I finished my Bachelors degree, graduating Masters now and have a job offer now"
    3. Under explain box of "Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed visa....?" can I write: "F1 visa terminated in 2018 due to poor academics. I overstayed by few months, it was a naive decision and a judgement error on my part which I deeply regret. I will not repeat this again"
    4. And lastly, "Have you ever been refused visa, or denied at port of entry...?" I have been refused F-1 visa in 2015 and in 2018 and was approved on second attempt. So I should select yes?
    Pls advice. Thx.​

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X