Urgent Help Needed: I-94 Issue Forces University Transfer Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed: I-94 Issue Forces University Transfer Dilemma

I am an international student who initially enrolled for one semester at a US university. Following this, I transferred to another US university and returned to my home country during the summer of 2023. Upon my return to the US, I entered through Atlanta, where I was issued a new I-94. Subsequently, I attended the international student orientation at my new university for one week. On the final day of the orientation, my Designated School Official (DSO) informed me that the same I-94 number had been issued to two individuals during my port of entry. Consequently, it is not possible to transfer my I-20, and I was advised to return to my previous university for the current semester due to time constraints. Classes had already commenced at the old university, and I have only five days before falling out of status. This situation is further complicated by the fact that I had declined housing arrangements at my previous university and made financial arrangements at the new institution. At this juncture, I am seeking guidance on the best course of action. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not a legal expert, but I can offer some general guidance on what you might consider doing in this situation. You can consult with an Immigration Attorney: Given the complexity of your situation, it's highly advisable to consult with an immigration attorney who specializes in student visas. They can provide guidance tailored to your specific circumstances and help you navigate the legal aspects. Or you can contact Your DSO: Keep your Designated School Official (DSO) at your new university informed about the situation. They might be able to provide guidance and assistance in resolving the issue.

Comment

I'm truly sorry to hear about your complicated situation, and I can imagine how stressful it must be. When it comes to immigration and academic matters, it's essential to get expert advice and guidance. Given the time constraints you're facing, it might be wise to consult with an immigration attorney or an expert who can provide specific advice tailored to your case.
      Last edited by Greg_Avery; 10-03-2023, 06:49 AM.

Comment

While I'm not a legal expert, I can provide general suggestions for your situation. Consulting with an immigration attorney specializing in student visas is crucial due to the complexity of your case. They can offer personalized guidance and help navigate legal aspects. Alternatively, keeping your Designated School Official (DSO) at the university informed is advisable. Your DSO might provide assistance and guidance in resolving the issue.

Last edited by Thamoss; 12-05-2023, 09:44 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X