Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESL ignore my money refund request for almost 6 month.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESL ignore my money refund request for almost 6 month.

Basically the title. I've applied to the school and got accepted, paid $650 of admission fee etc after that they were rescheduling the classes all the time, after 5 month i've changed school to different one where i'm studying right now. Since I've spend literally 0 days not even minute in previous school i requested a refund I called them they were nice told me they are working on it took my address to mail me a check and they'll sent it there. It was 6 month ago. Everyday i'm calling they tell me to leave a message and someone will call me back. Is there a chance to get my money? thanks
    Last edited by funtudeka; 10-13-2023, 12:17 PM.

Hey funtudeka,
    Man, that sounds like a real bummer about your situation with ESL. Waiting six months for a refund is beyond frustrating. I feel you, especially when you've switched schools and didn't even spend a minute at the previous one.
    Have you considered taking it up a notch and maybe throwing in some legal muscle? I mean, ChristianWalls had a point in the other thread. If they're not budging after all this time, legal advice might be your next best move. It's like putting your bet on a sure thing, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianWalls
      You might want to consider seeking legal advice or contacting relevant consumer protection agencies in your area if the school remains unresponsive.
      Dealing with an unresponsive school can be challenging, and seeking legal advice or reaching out to consumer protection agencies is a wise step.

Comment

Yes, you have a good chance of getting your money back from the school. You should continue to contact them and remind them about your refund request. You may also want to send them a certified letter requesting a refund and informing them that you will take legal action if they do not comply.

Here are some additional tips for getting your money back:
        • Keep copies of all correspondence with the school. This includes emails, letters, and voicemails.
        • Be polite but firm in your requests. Don't be afraid to escalate your complaint if you don't get a response.
        • Consider hiring an attorney if you are unable to resolve the koows issue on your own. An attorney can help you write a formal demand letter and file a lawsuit if necessary.

I hope this helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X