Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Visa Question

Hi,

I know this may not be the right place to post this but this subject seems to be really on top of unusual visa questions. If anyone believes I should post this somewhere else I will happily take your suggestion/ advice.

Applying for a student visa and my partner and one-year old will be applying for visas to accompany me as family. We are applying for 6 months.

I know we need: -Visa Applications -Background Checks -Proof of Financial Independence -Letter from the University -Passport Photos -Passports -Health Insurance -Medical Certificates -Birth Certificate for our Baby -Proof of Residency in Consular Region -Proof of Relationship with Family Members

(Please let me know if Iā€™m missing anything)

My questions:

1.Does a birth certificate count in place of a civil union certificate or marriage certificate as proof of a valid relationship between partners?

2.This is copy pasted directly from the consular website. Do we need this for our baby? He is obviously not a student applying for a visa but we will still be filling out a visa application form for him. "If the applicant is a minor, the person or persons responsible for the minor during his/her stay in Spain must submit a certificate ensuring they are not a sex offender (certificado de Delitos de Naturaleza Sexual) issued by the Registro Central de Delincuentes Sexuales, part of the Spanish Ministry of Justice (application found here), or express permission for Spanish Government to obtain said certificate. This person or persons must also provide a declaration in which thev officially take responsibility for the child, which must be authenticated by a Spanish notary public."

Thank you!
    ā€‹

Answer to Question 1:

Yes, a birth certificate can be used as proof of a valid relationship between partners. This is because a birth certificate shows that the baby was born to the two partners. However, it is always best to check with the consulate or embassy of the country you are applying to for a visa, as they may have specific requirements for proof of relationship.

Answer to Question 2:

Yes, you will need to provide a certificate ensuring that you are not a sex offender (certificado de Delitos de Naturaleza Sexual) for your baby. This is because the Spanish government is responsible for the safety of children in Spain, and they want to make sure that all children are traveling with someone who is not a sex offender.

Here are the specific requirements for the certificate:
    • The certificate must be issued by the Registro Central de Delincuentes Sexuales, which is part of the Spanish Ministry of Justice.
    • The application for the certificate can be found here.
    • The certificate must be authenticated by a Spanish notary public.

You can apply for the certificate online or by mail. The application omeglz process online2yu takes approximately 10-15 business days.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    ā€‹
    Last edited by PomaryLinea; 01-24-2024, 07:59 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X