Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of F2 visa getting approved

Hi friends,

I am a student graduating this december. My OPT start date is Dec - 21. My job start date is Jan - 09 -- 2012. My marriage is on Feb - 02 - 2012.

I am applying for F2 visa for my would be wife. What are the chances for the F2 visa to get approved if I apply for F2 for her without me joining the company and just showing the job offer letter as a proof?.

Which is a better option?
    1) Join the company, then go on a vacation to India and apply for a F2 visa?
    2) Postpone the start date, go to India, apply for F2 visa by showing the job offer letter as a employment proof and later return back with spouse?

It will not matter much. F2 is risky as it is. Your wife has to show why she will return to home country after you finish your OPT. She has to have convincing and truthful answers to questions like 'what plans after OPT', 'how will you spend your time as F2 spouses are not allowed to work or study' etc.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for looking in to my query and answering. I had one more doubt : If my wife is appearing for visa interview, does she also have to show financial statements to show property in India?.
      If yes, then her father could be a sponsor?

Thanks,
      Mithun

Comment

Yes, she has to show how you both intend to pay for your expenses. Money in both of your accounts is better than any other's account. Similarly, property in her or your name is better to show ties.

Comment

Thank you again!. She plans to appear for VI in feb 2nd week. what is the earliest period after which the F2 visa could be reapplied just in case if the visa gets rejected?. Also Suppose my H1-B visa is application is submitted in March end, then how to go about for dependant visa?

Comment

There is no timeline. Next time when she applies for the same Visa, she will have to provide new evidence which was not made available in the first application.

She can of course apply for H4 Visa anytime after H1 petition is approved. But, she cannot travel to US before it becomes effective (Oct 1 for cap subject cases).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X