Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Change of Status to F-1 applicants here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed for COS from H1B to F1 on July 27

I filed for my COS to F1 on July 27th through the new online system, ELIS. Has anyone else filed through ELIS? Would be helpful to get an idea of the processing time. I heard from my school's international center that ELIS is super fast and that one applicant got this approval in 8 days. But you never know with these systems. For the most part, the processing times are unpredictable. Hoping to hear something soon! Would love to hear anyone else's experience.

Comment

COS H4 to F1

I have applied for COS H4 to F1.My case is filed on June 4th,2012. Its been almost 2months and the average time is 2.5months. But i got on-campus job and i got a call for assistantship job. I dont want miss that assistantship job But still my status is not changed.What can i do?Any one got approved who applied during early June 2012??Help reequired

Comment

Originally posted by praveenarao View Post
        I have applied for COS H4 to F1.My case is filed on June 4th,2012. Its been almost 2months and the average time is 2.5months. But i got on-campus job and i got a call for assistantship job. I dont want miss that assistantship job But still my status is not changed.What can i do?Any one got approved who applied during early June 2012??Help reequired
        What processing centre did you apply to? I am in the same boat with you, got two jobs on campus and i applied for COS over 3 months ago, still no update. Training for one of the jobs is next week and i risk loosing out on the job as i cant train without COS. Don't know what to do. Eagerly waiting!!!

Comment

My case is files in California service center.Can i know details about your case?Its been 3months since you applied??When it is taking so long.call them and ask about your case details as your case status compltd avg processing time (2.5months)given.

Comment

My case is files in California service center.Can i know details about your case?Its been 3months since you applied??When it is taking so long.call them and ask about your case details as your case status compltd avg processing time (2.5months)given.
            Mine is California as well and its 3 months!! I called twice already and they keep telling me to wait additional 15 days. I read here someone received a response in 2 months and the person applied in June, i wonder what the delay is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogunys View Post
              Mine is California as well and its 3 months!! I called twice already and they keep telling me to wait additional 15 days. I read here someone received a response in 2 months and the person applied in June, i wonder what the delay is.
              Omg..May be it is from different service enter.Do you know the customer service number? One of friend applied on May 5th i guess.She got her decision updated exatly aftr 2months and 3weeks.(almost 11+ weeks).When you did you apply?

Comment

Can i know the exact date your case is filed?Mine is june 4th.Completd 8weeks.i think it takes me more 2-3weeks.Can i have the customer service phone number.I calld once,but i dint proper option for communicating with customer service representative.Pls Keep updating abour case it would help me analyzing my case

Comment

Can i know the exact date your case is filed?Mine is june 4th.Completd 8weeks.i think it takes me more 2-3weeks.Can i have the customer service phone number.I calld once,but i dint proper option for communicating with customer service representative.Pls Keep updating abour case it would help me analyzing my case
                  I filed on May 2nd, 2012 at the California Service Center. Did your friend file at California service center too? I believe they have processed applications around the time I filed but surprised i have no response still.

Comment

Processing Time for Vermont

I filed on May 2nd, 2012 at the California Service Center. Did your friend file at California service center too? I believe they have processed applications around the time I filed but surprised i have no response still.

I applied for me COS in May, 15th to be exact and received the approval on the July19th. This was done form Vermont service center. They also updated it on the USCIS website on the 19th and received the hardcopy in mail on the 24th.

Shail

Comment

Hey my frnd case is filed on may 4th 2012.And the decision is made on June 24 2012.Call customer service representative. Do you have the number?I would like call them and ask them.and pls keep updating abt ur case

Comment

my frnd case is filed on may 4th 2012.And the decision is made on July 24 2012.Same california service center even with her case.Call customer service representative. Do you have the number?I would like call them and ask them.and pls keep updating abt ur case[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hey her visa status was h4.May 4th is her filed date and decision date is July 24 2012 but your visa status is f2.May be that would be the reason for late decision.I recommend you to call them ans ask.Can i have the customer service number?i called on 800-375-5283.Is this the same number??But i dint find any option to talk to customer service people.Can you help me with this??

Comment

Hello,
                            Just wondering if we can apply for on-campus jobs before the Semester starts? I got my F-1 Change of Status approval in June but I haven't applied to any jobs. My F-1 start date is August 25 and the School's office told me that I can work from Aug 25 or anytime after that.

My approval took exactly 2 months and I had applied to the VSC. Good Luck, it should be on its way because the average time , you say, is 2.5 months.

- - - Updated - - -

What processing centre did you apply to? I am in the same boat with you, got two jobs on campus and i applied for COS over 3 months ago, still no update. Training for one of the jobs is next week and i risk loosing out on the job as i cant train without COS. Don't know what to do. Eagerly waiting!!!
                            Just wondering, did you mention a start date for the on-campus job? My DSO says I can start a job only after the F-1 start date which is Aug 25.

Comment

Originally posted by nehs View Post
                              Hello,
                              Just wondering if we can apply for on-campus jobs before the Semester starts? I got my F-1 Change of Status approval in June but I haven't applied to any jobs. My F-1 start date is August 25 and the School's office told me that I can work from Aug 25 or anytime after that.

My approval took exactly 2 months and I had applied to the VSC. Good Luck, it should be on its way because the average time , you say, is 2.5 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wondering, did you mention a start date for the on-campus job? My DSO says I can start a job only after the F-1 start date which is Aug 25.
                              Thank you very much.Yea.You cant work untill your F-1 starts.Start applying for jobs because those jobs doesnt start immediatly right.It takes time to select jobs right for u,interviweing decision process and then finally job starts.So you start applying now.By the the time collge starts you many not find many job openings.So my suggestion is its btr to start ur job search now. Yeah the processing time is showing as 2.5months but many are saying it is taking around 3months to get approved.I applied for california center. .Shld see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by nehs View Post
                                Hello,

- - - Updated - - -

No didnt mention any start date. The job will start in the Fall. You have a better chance of getting a job now than when school starts so start looking. All the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X