Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Change of Status to F-1 applicants here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of us who have already submitted the I-20,need to get anothet I-20 from the school and make an appointment with USCIS to get it stamped. OFcourse, this stamp is not mandatory and only those of us who want to have the stamp have to go ahead.

You should read the FAQ's in the link I sent you, and please remember that you are NOT going to receive your I-20 back.

Comment

Question COS for fall 2012

I am in for COS for fall too. I applied for COS on june 20. I start my college on August22nd.
      When can I expect the receipt from USCIS?

Thank you

Comment

Change of Status from L2 to F1

Hi,

I filed the change of Status from L2 to F1 on May 11th 2012 - the status as of today (July 7th, 2012) shows "Initial Review"

Any idea what is the average time taken for the process to complete?

I also would like to know in the event of the expiry of the present L2 and the F1 still in process does it amount to illegal stay in the country, or as it is in process the candidate can continue to stay in the country?

Would Appreciate, I anyone can respond to my queries.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Planner View Post
          Hi,

I filed the change of Status from L2 to F1 on May 11th 2012 - the status as of today (July 7th, 2012) shows "Initial Review"

Thanks
          I have also filed on May, however, I did not receive anything yet. How can I check the status of my application ?

Comment

Check your application online

When you applied/filed your application, you would have received a letter/notification from USCIS, with a receipt number.

You can track your current case status by accessing the below link and entering the receipt number.

Immihelp.com - Comprehensive information on green card, Visitors Visa, H1 Visa, Student Visa, other visas and visitors medical insurance, newcomer to USA

Comment

Applied for COS from H1 to F1

Hello

I have applied for COS from Vermont Center in May.

Receipt received: May 23rd
              Currently: Initial review

I hope that they will process my visa before the start of the school in Sept.

Keep you guys posted on the progress.....

Comment

Originally posted by substratecomplex View Post
                Hello

I have applied for COS from Vermont Center in May.

Receipt received: May 23rd
                Currently: Initial review

I hope that they will process my visa before the start of the school in Sept.

Keep you guys posted on the progress.....
                Similar here..have applied COS on May 14th and being processed at Vermont center. Showing up as 'Initial review'..Will keep you updated.

Comment

F1 visa

Hi,
                  I want to apply for F1 visa through I-20 from UCLA extension. but I already have a Malaysian student visa in my passport valid till feb 2013. Anybody here know if I can apply for F-1 while having an student visa for another country?
                  Thanks alot.

Comment

I 539 approval

Originally posted by gururaj1984 View Post
                    Similar here..have applied COS on May 14th and being processed at Vermont center. Showing up as 'Initial review'..Will keep you updated.
                    Just received my I539 approval for change of status from H1 to F1.

Filed on May 15
                    Approved on July 19

It took just about 2months to get it processed.

Good luck people

Comment

Filed on May 15
                      Approved on July 19

Good luck people
                      great..congrats!
                      do you get an email notification after it is approved? or you just happened to check the status on USCIS website?

Comment

Filed on May 15
                        Approved on July 19

Good luck people
                        Also did you require to follow up with USCIS on phone/email?

Comment

Originally posted by gururaj1984 View Post
                          great..congrats!
                          do you get an email notification after it is approved? or you just happened to check the status on USCIS website?
                          You need to check on the USCIS website, every few days. USCIS has a notification option too, for those who sign up on its website.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by babak View Post
                          Hi,
                          I want to apply for F1 visa through I-20 from UCLA extension. but I already have a Malaysian student visa in my passport valid till feb 2013. Anybody here know if I can apply for F-1 while having an student visa for another country?
                          Thanks alot.

What difference does the MAlaysia visa make? You may go ashead and apply for the US visa. Different countries = separate visas

Comment

Originally posted by spidpooy View Post
                            I have also filed on May, however, I did not receive anything yet. How can I check the status of my application ?
                            Yea it was updated for me on the USCIS website. On July 19th it was updated on the website and July 23rd I received the paper copy in mail.

Comment

Yea it was updated for me on the USCIS website. On July 19th it was updated on the website and July 23rd I received the paper copy in mail.
                              Thanks. Also when is the F1 effective from? Is it the school start date or earlier? I was wondering whether we can work (on H1/L1) till the school starts.

Comment

Still waiting for approval on COS to F1

I filed on May 2nd (California Office) for a COS to F1 from F2 and i still haven't received any update yet.. Been over 3 months as of today. They say processing time is 2.5 months. I wonder what is going on. Anybody else that filed in early May??
                                Last edited by Ogunys; 08-02-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X