TN Visa requirements for Computer Analyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN Visa requirements for Computer Analyst

Can someone please provide some suggestion if I qualify to apply for TN Visa under the following conditions :

1. I am Canadian Citizen with 10 years of IT work experience in Canada.
    2. I have 3 year Bachelor of Science Degree from India.
    3. I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science from an Institute in India.
    4. I have couple of other IT Certifications
    5. I never got my degree or certificates evaluated for my earlier jobs as I never needed it.
    6. I moved to US and obtained EAD under L2 Visa.
    7. Worked for a US Company for 2 years
    8. My EAD expired so stopped working
    9. The L2+EAD renewals are taking way too long and getting frustrated not able to work when I have a work offer.

Thanks in advance

For a degree from India you need to evaluate its equivalence. I have used WES - though not applied for TN yet.

Comment

You need to look at the job category you intend to apply to see what the criteria are to qualify for a TN permit.

Most require a related bachelor's degree.
      Some allow a replated 2-year diploma + 3 year's work experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree
      Some allow sufficient work experience alone.

Since your bachelor is from an institution outside USA/Canada/Mexico then you need it evaluated for equivalency

Certificates are irrelevant.

Post-Grad is irrelevant unless the criteria for that job category says it's relevant.

Previous work experience is irrelevant unless the criteria for that job category says it's relevant.

Comment

Hello das2017 - Did you get your TN visa? I am Canadian citizen with 10 years of IT experience. I am expecting an offer letter but I will need to process my own visa. Can you share TN letter template if you have already opt your visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X