Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you live on TN for 20 yrs or indefinitely by extending it every 3 yrs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you live on TN for 20 yrs or indefinitely by extending it every 3 yrs?

I am a Canadian citizen, who plans to move to the US for work. I want to understand the long-term feasibility of being on a TN. Can someone stay on TN indefinitely by extending it every 3 years ? or does everyone eventually have to move to an H1 / L1 visa route?
    I am an Indian by birth, so going through H1B is something I don't prefer unless it's really the only option.

Also, I want to understand the long-term issues of staying on TN? Because TN is a non-immigration visa, does the intent to immigrate change if a person stays on TN long enough?
    Last edited by bluealpha; 07-19-2021, 04:47 PM. Reason: TN Visa

Hi,
    You can extend your TN visa with the increment of three years indefinitely as long as you meet the requirement. But if you have any plan to do immigrant petition then you will need to switch to dual intent visa such as H/L.
    Thanks

Comment

If you are a Mexican or Canadian citizen, TN status can be an ideal means of legally entering and working in the United States. Current U.S. laws and regulations say that Mexican and Canadian citizens can stay in the U.S. in TN status for periods up to three years. Even better, TN workers are supposed to be able to extend their stays indefinitely, in three-year increments, so long as they satisfy the requirements under the TN program.

firstcallonline
      Last edited by Santino; 08-06-2021, 12:11 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X