H1B or TN visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B or TN visa

I used to live in the USA on H1B and am I-140 approved.
    Later I moved to Canada and am now a Canadian Citizen living in Canada.
    I am close to getting an offer from a US company. Shall I move on H1B or TN visa? Which would be a better option for me if my intention is to get the green card whenever my priority date gets current?
    If I now come to the USA on a TN visa and later if my priority date gets current, can I switch from TN to H1B to apply for my green card? Do you see any issues here?

The employer is more leaning toward getting my TN visa done.

Thanks and Best Regards!
    Last edited by samusa1990; 04-19-2023, 12:54 PM. Reason: TN Visa, H1B, Green Card

Both H1B and TN visas have their own advantages and disadvantages. H1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows you to work in the US for up to 6 years and offers a path to a green card. TN visa, on the other hand, is a temporary work visa available only to Canadian and Mexican citizens and has fewer restrictions than the H1B visa.

If your priority is to get a green card, the H1B visa may be a better option for you as it offers a path to a green card. However, if you are looking for a temporary work visa with fewer restrictions, the TN visa may be more suitable.

Regarding your question about switching from TN to H1B, it is possible to switch from TN to H1B visa, but you need to follow the proper procedures and meet the eligibility criteria. The process can be complex, and you may want to consult an immigration lawyer to help you navigate through the process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X