Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN VISA for Management Consultant

Hello Everyone,
    I am a Canadian citizen. I had a general question. I have heard people filing H1B applications from 2 employers to maximize their chances in a lottery.
    1) Is it possible that someone can go to the US border with 2 separate TN Status (Management Consultant) petitions from 2 different employers? In case one gets denied. The current market is so weird, so just looking to understand the chances.
    2)Is it possible to renege an already accepted employment offer (where the US employer) has filed a TN petition if another better offer comes in late? Not the ideal situation, however, just keen to understand given the current market conditions.

I would appreciate your advise greatly.

As a Canadian citizen, I understand that you have some questions regarding H1B applications and TN status in the United States. While I can provide some general information, it's important to note that individual circumstances may vary, and it's always best to consult with an immigration lawyer or expert for personalized advice.
    1. Filing H1B applications from multiple employers to increase chances in the lottery: It is possible for individuals to have multiple H1B applications filed by different employers. However, it's crucial to ensure that the applications are filed in good faith and that each employer is aware of the other applications. It's advisable to consult with an immigration lawyer to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and to understand the potential implications.

As for TN status, which is specific to Canadian and Mexican citizens, it is typically tied to a specific job offer from a U.S. employer. Each TN petition is independent, and it is not common for individuals to have multiple TN petitions simultaneously. Applying for multiple TN petitions for the same individual from different employers may raise concerns about dual intent and could potentially be viewed as a violation of the terms of the TN visa. It's important to consult with an immigration lawyer to discuss the specifics of your situation and determine the best course of action.
    1. Reneging on an accepted employment offer with a filed TN petition: While it is possible to renege on an accepted employment offer, it's important to consider the potential consequences and ethical implications. Withdrawing from an accepted offer after a TN petition has been filed can have implications on your future visa applications and your relationship with the employer. It's crucial to communicate openly and professionally with both employers involved and seek legal advice if necessary.

Given the current market conditions and complexities involved in immigration matters, it is strongly recommended to consult with an immigration lawyer or expert who can provide accurate and up-to-date advice based on your specific circumstances. They can guide you through the process, explain the potential risks and benefits, and help you make informed decisions.

I hope this information is helpful, and I wish you the best of luck with your immigration journey.

Comment

Hello,

Regarding your questions:
      1. It's not possible to have two separate TN Status petitions from different employers simultaneously. TN status is employer-specific, and you can only work for the employer who filed the approved TN petition for you. If you try to have two TN petitions from different employers at the same time, it could lead to immigration issues and may negatively affect your chances of obtaining TN status.
      2. While it's technically possible to accept a TN employment offer and then later receive another better offer, it's not an ideal situation, and it's essential to handle it with caution and professionalism. Reneging on an accepted employment offer can have serious consequences and may harm your professional reputation. It's always best to be honest and transparent with employers throughout the hiring process.

If you receive a better offer after accepting an offer for TN employment, it's essential to communicate with the initial employer as soon as possible, explaining the situation respectfully. Keep in mind that the decision to release you from the employment contract is up to the employer, and they may not be obliged to do so. However, being open and honest about the situation is always the best approach.

As always, when dealing with complex immigration and employment matters, it's advisable to consult with an immigration attorney or legal expert to get personalized advice based on your specific situation.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best with your employment prospects in the US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X