TD Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD Visa

I am a Canadian citizen living in the US on a TN visa. My wife is from Serbia. I've read from others that they have experienced problems obtaining a TD visa for their spouses from the US embassy on their home soil since the visa only applies to North America and that the immigration officers are not aware of such a visa.. If the local US embassy/consulate office in her country denies her a TD visa, can she for instance come to Canada on a tourist visa and apply for a TD visa at the consulate office in Ottawa or Toronto? Can US consulates in Canada issue TD visas to third country nationals such as my wife?

Thanks.

Hi, I know it’s been a long time since you posted this but we’re in a similar situation where the embassy I applied at was not familiar with the TD visa at all. Did you decide to have your wife apply from Canada? What route did you go to?

Comment

Originally posted by sonicmoj View Post
      I am a Canadian citizen living in the US on a TN visa. My wife is from Serbia. I've read from others that they have experienced problems obtaining a TD visa for their spouses from the US embassy on their home soil since the visa only applies to North America and that the immigration officers are not aware of such a visa.. If the local US embassy/consulate office in her country denies her a TD visa, can she for instance come to Canada on a tourist visa and apply for a TD visa at the consulate office in Ottawa or Toronto? Can US consulates in Canada issue TD visas to third country nationals such as my wife?

Thanks.
      Hi, I know it’s been a long time since you posted this but we’re in a similar situation where the embassy I applied at was not familiar with the TD visa at all. Did you decide to have your wife apply from Canada? What route did you go to?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X