Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does "immediate and continuous transit" means

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip from Australia to visit her family in Colombia. We want to transit through the USA on the way to Colombia. I was thinking of making a stop of 2 nights in the USA on the way back to Sydney.

As my title is saying, what does "A foreign traveler proceeding in immediate and continuous transit through the U.S." means.

Would it be correct to say that we can apply for a Transit C-1 visa for our plan as we will be on continuous transit to Sydney, Australia even though we make a 2 nights stop in Los Angeles to break down our journey and give us a break of flights?

If she shows proof of residency in Australia (school, work, address, bank details), it should be alright, am I right?

Thanks for answering

Nope. Immediate and continuous transit it when you stay at the airport and have a flight a few hours later. You'll need a B2 visitor visa. You might as well get it as it'll likely be valid for 5-10 years and costs the same.

Comment

Originally posted by cafeconleche View Post
      Nope. Immediate and continuous transit it when you stay at the airport and have a flight a few hours later. You'll need a B2 visitor visa. You might as well get it as it'll likely be valid for 5-10 years and costs the same.
      Thanks for the quick reply.

One more question, if instead of staying over night, we have a connection of let's say 10hrs in Los Angeles. She will be allowed to leave the airport, go shopping and then come back to the airport for the flight to Sydney. Right?

Comment

With a transit visa, you can technically leave the airport and come back for your flight. But, again, since you're going to spend the money, and if you qualify for it, get a visit visa.
        Last edited by cafeconleche; 12-04-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X