How to apply for UK Transit Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to apply for UK Transit Visa

I am travelling from USA to India via British Airways (4 hours stopover in London) 2 months from now. My current H1 visa has expired, I got the approval for my extension
    (I-797 ) and I plan to get visa stamping done for my extension in India before I return to US.

I have already booked the British Airways flight recently and it is non refundable, my question is this:

1) Do I need a Direct Air Transit Visa (DATV) or a Visitor in Transit Visa.
    2) Also please let me know the detailed procedure to apply for the relevant Visa.
    3) Can I go to the consulate for stamping and collect the passport personally after stamping is done.

Thanks,
    Nikhil

no need of transit visa

This is my openion and not legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by nikhil.sns View Post
      I am travelling from USA to India via British Airways (4 hours stopover in London) 2 months from now. My current H1 visa has expired, I got the approval for my extension
      (I-797 ) and I plan to get visa stamping done for my extension in India before I return to US.

I have already booked the British Airways flight recently and it is non refundable, my question is this:

2) Also please let me know the detailed procedure to apply for the relevant Visa.
      3) Can I go to the consulate for stamping and collect the passport personally after stamping is done.

Thanks,
      Nikhil
      To apply for a transit visa you must be able to prove you can enter that country and to show that the only purpose of your visit to the UK is transit.
      Visa Australia Immigration

Comment

hi. next month same trip rom USA to India via British Airways worry a litle

Comment

Originally posted by nikhil.sns View Post

Thanks,
          Nikhil
          Thank you for details friend.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X