Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

How to get a transit visa within the U.S.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to get a transit visa within the U.S.


    I am currently living in the U.S. and will be travelling to Germany. From there I will travel to Colombia and that flight is going via the U.S. I currently have a student visa which is not valid for re-entry, but I have an approved change of status notification for my H1B visa (for which I will need to get the stamp in Colombia). So for the change of planes from Germany to Colombia in the U.S. I will need a C1 transit visa, if I understand it correctly. The website of the US consulate in Germany says getting the C1 visa will require an average of 10 days, but I will not be that long in Germany, so I will need to get the C1 visa in the U.S.

    Does anybody know any phone number or website which indicates where I can get the C1 visa. I've been searching everywhere and couldn't find out about a contact.


  • #2
    You can't get transit visa within the US. You have to apply at the overseas consulate/embassy.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.