Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico to India via US - Transit visa needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico to India via US - Transit visa needed?

Hi,

I am working in Mexico. I am planning to travel to India via US. I would like to meet a friend during my wait time in US. I have a valid H1B visa....would I need a transit visa also?

If I need one and am unable to get a transit visa, will my friend be able to meet me at airport?

Please advise.

Yes. You would need a transit visa. H1b can be used for the sole purpose of entry for work.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Yes. You would need a transit visa. H1b can be used for the sole purpose of entry for work.

Thanks for the reply....My friend is on H1B in USA...can he visit me at the specific US airport though I cant come out? do you have any idea?. Any info will be helpful.

Comment

No, he will not be allowed to meet you unless you have a B1/B2 visa using which you can come out from the secure area and through immigration.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you...That helps...I will plan accordingly.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X