Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Waiver Program

Hi,

I come from Northern Ireland and under the VWP i can legally travel in the US for up to 90 days aslong as i dont work.

What im not sure of is once i complete my 90 days and return back home to N. Ireland when am i able to return back to the states under the VWP?

Is it limited to 90 days per year or can i return more or less immediately or would it be after spending 90days back home or something else?

Thanks,
    Jamie

Every visitor must spend more time at home than in the USA. You can return after spending 90 days and come back the next day, but it will be "hard" to be accepted this time, because you are not showing strong ties to your country.

What is the purpose of your visit? you may benefit from applying for a tourist visa.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

The main purpose of the visit would be travelling doing the usual tourist stuff but also spending time with a girl/friend i have got close to from my last 2 visits.

Im aware i wouldnt legally be allowed to work under the tourist visa/vwp but as my bank account isnt in immediate danger of going red alert i would have enough funds to keep me going for a few months atleast until i see how things are gonna go/plan out.

As im from a vwp country i didnt think i would of been able to apply for the tourist visa.

Comment

After looking into it more i think the B2 visa would be the best option.

If i applied for a B2 within the next few weeks for a years visit and put down on question 22 on the DS-156 that i intend to arrive in the US in June, would they start the year from June or from the next few weeks considering i get granted the visa.

Also if i got granted the B2 for 1 year and was in the US and something happened to my family or something similar would i be able to go back home and sort the problem out and return back to the US under the same visa?

Im sorry for all the questions but this is the best site i have found for these questions!

Thanks,
        Jamie

Comment

Someone in the same boat!! I too am on the VWP. I'm from Cork and currently visiting my b/friend. I have funds to stay here longer than the 90 days and I'm on a career break from work til July for travel purposes (of which I have a letter to support this from employer). I'm only 5 weeks into my stay but getting anxious about the problem of leaving here to go to say Canada for a few days and re-enter on 90 days again. It seems to me that it's frowned upon and I don't want to risk refusal! I then spotted that if you're on a B2 visa u can apply for an extension! But I can't find anywhere if this is the case for those on the VWP. Can we apply for an extension also? Or can I apply for a B2 visa while currently in the U.S.

I agree this is a great site and the advice and help given is 2nd to none! One minute I think I've learned what I need to and then find out about more visas and red tape! I just want to be able to stay here legally with no intent to work with my b/friend.

Hoping for some positive advice!!

Thanking u!

Comment

You can not extend your 90 day stay under VWP. And you can not apply for a B2 visa from the USA. You must apply from your home country.
            Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Praetorian! Much appreciated

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X