After US deportation, re-entry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After US deportation, re-entry.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. i am looking for some answers for my partner. 3 years ago, he was deported from US at Houstan airport back to mexico even though he has lived in the US on work permit for 14 years on and off. However, since then, we worked on his paperwork and now he has become a landed Canadian Permanent resident and in few years will apply for the citizenship. His 5 year US ban will be completed by the time he gets his canadian citizenship.

Can he travel to the US then with cdn citizenship or will he still require a re entry waiver to enter the US?
    Thank you for any advise.

His Canadian status doesn't really help things much. He'll have to apply to enter. He should heck with a (US) consular office, or better yet an attorney as to the procedure (which varies slightly based on his changing status).

Comment

1. Why was he denied entry to the US? The underlying reason might cause other bans.
      2. If the ban is over, then he doesn't need a waiver or do anything special, assuming there are no other bans.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Ah ok. He overstayed 4 months it seems during his last visit in 2018 though he had a 6 month work visa but was given a 5 year ban. I will try to check with lawyer in the US just to make sure the options when time comes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X