Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESTA & CRIMINAL RECORD

Hi,

Friends of mine are getting married in America this year, i am from the UK.

I was looking at filling out the ESTA form and getting an ESTA visa, however one of the questions on the form (the only regarding criminal records is: )

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for a crime that caused serious harm or damage to a person, property or government official?

with a YES / NO answer.

Now, here is the thing - 4 years ago i had an issue with an ex girlfriend, i at the time was arrested, and i pled guilty to 'stalking without intent to harm'

I am unsure how to answer this question, because no harm was caused, nor damage to a property e.t.c

I regret pleading guilty, but at the time i seemed like the quickest solution to end everything.

My biggest feat about going to the states, is not being allowed in and being sent back home. I have major anxiety, and the thought of flying into America from the UK, and then being told no, and then having to wait and go back, worries me.

I will be travelling with my girlfriend of 4 years, and plan to stay in new york & texas for 14 days max.

The wedding is in texas.

Please advise.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X