Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa

Dear Friends/Seniors,

I want to apply visitor visa for my mother only this time in April. I tried 2 time earlier for my parents but unfortunately their visitor visa got rejected at Mumbai consulate ( reason - no strong tie ). They did not look at any documents. My father is retired and my mother is house wife.My parents are tired now to go through same process again, so this time I am planning to apply only for my mother. Could you please let me know what should I take care extra this time and also in DS-160 ?

What should I enter for following questions in ds-160 ?

1. Have you made specific travel plans? I selected yes in previous attempt and entered the tentative dates.
    Please let me know should I enter as it is or It is better to select "No" ? Does this question make any differences ?

2. Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip

I entered my father name in previous attempt. Should I enter my name or my father name for this question this time ? I think this is really important question.

Thank you very much for all your help. Your help and advice will put me in correct direction.

I'm just sharing my views and experience with respect to parents visa and strongly mentioning that this is just for your information and not a legal advise...

Answer to question 1 - You should mention as "Yes" and select a future start date with around 10 or 15 days gap from Interview date.
    Answer to question 2 - "Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip" will always be "you(sponsor)" incase if you are sponsoring their travel. I would not recommend "Self Sponsored" because your father is retired and do not have any source of income except pension if he is a govt servant!!

All the best

Originally posted by usa83 View Post
    Dear Friends/Seniors,

I want to apply visitor visa for my mother only this time in April. I tried 2 time earlier for my parents but unfortunately their visitor visa got rejected at Mumbai consulate ( reason - no strong tie ). They did not look at any documents. My father is retired and my mother is house wife.My parents are tired now to go through same process again, so this time I am planning to apply only for my mother. Could you please let me know what should I take care extra this time and also in DS-160 ?

What should I enter for following questions in ds-160 ?

1. Have you made specific travel plans? I selected yes in previous attempt and entered the tentative dates.
    Please let me know should I enter as it is or It is better to select "No" ? Does this question make any differences ?

2. Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip

I entered my father name in previous attempt. Should I enter my name or my father name for this question this time ? I think this is really important question.

Thank you very much for all your help. Your help and advice will put me in correct direction.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    This is FYI and not legal.

Comment

Originally posted by criss View Post
      I'm just sharing my views and experience with respect to parents visa and strongly mentioning that this is just for your information and not a legal advise...

Answer to question 1 - You should mention as "Yes" and select a future start date with around 10 or 15 days gap from Interview date.
      Answer to question 2 - "Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip" will always be "you(sponsor)" incase if you are sponsoring their travel. I would not recommend "Self Sponsored" because your father is retired and do not have any source of income except pension if he is a govt servant!!

All the best

Thank you Criss. It is helpful.

Comment

I am confused. Could you please help?

I entered my father name in "Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip" in previous visa stamping attempt in my mother's ds-160 form. They appeared together. As this time, I need to apply for my mother only. Should I enter my name or my father's name ? My father can sponsor my mother's trip even he is retired.

1. Is there any problem if answers in the ds-160 do not match with previous ds-160 for above question ?

2. Should I enter my name or father's name for this question ? what will be the best in my situation?

3. Do consulates have the translator for all regional languages ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

Hello Seniors/Friends, Could you please help ? I am really confused.Thank you.

Comment

Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip - "SELF"

Hi,

I am applying B2 Tourist Visa for my parents & I had filled Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip as "SELF" and I have already scheduled the visa interview for them
            Now I am thinking if I should I have filled it as Other and put my name in it. What can I do now?
            My Mother is working and my father retired last september. Will there be any problem because I filled it as SELF? or can I go back & change the fields in DS 160?

Thanks,
            Srinath

Comment

Default B1/b2 visa rejected
              Hi, I'm an Indian citizen currently residing in Saudi Arabia since March 2015 after getting married in January.

I applied for the visa in March 2016 in Jeddah I was handed the 214 b form. This was how the interview went.

ME: gm
              VO : how long have you been in saudi for?
              Me: about a year
              Vo: purpose of visit
              Me: holiday and to visit my husbands aunt
              Vo: how long and where?
              Me: about two weeks, we'll see the east coast. Husband went recently and loved NYC so really wanted to show me around
              VO: show husbands visa and employee letter
              Me: he's in a government job here and makes 1 lac
              VO: who'll be sponsoring for your trip?
              Me: husbands uncle.. (Show them the invitation letter)
              VO: have you traveled anywhere in last 3 years
              Me: Dubai, Mauritius for honeymoon and Saudia
              VO: sorry, you don't meet the requirements of the visa. Reapply again when circumstances are different.

I was carrying all my documents to show strong home ties, I've visited 4-5 more countries but that was before 3 years so didn't mention. I was told to only answer questions that are asked. I feel I didn't elaborate much on my home ties, how I have family and house in India etc

Now I'm moving to India this June. Thinking of reapplying next year. Why must I have gotten rejected ? And what should I do to not have it happen again?
              Last edited by Mary Fernandes; 04-05-2016 at 05:22 AM.

Comment

Dear Sir/Mem,

I am in USA H1B visa from May 2023. I want to apply my parents Visitor Visa and my father is farmer and my mother is homemaker. My father yearly income is around 12 Lakhs then what should I enter my parents DS160 form for "Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip" ? Right now in my father's account only around 2 Lakhs are there. I want to avoid my parent's visitor visa rejection chance. Can you please guide me best option for that ? Can I put my name for paying my parents trip ? or I will send money from my us account to my parent's Indian account and fill "self" for this question.

Note: Me and my brother both are staying outside India. My brother stying in UK on dependent visa. My grandparent's both are staying along with my parent's in India.

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X