Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband B1, applying B2 for wife

Hello all,

I am applying for B2 visa for my wife. I have a B1 and have travelled to US before.

This timw I want to take my wife. She is working. she took 3 weeks leave. in next few days we have the visa can somebody please let me know what are the things we need to carry or supporting docs from her company or my company.

thanks
    vijay Babu

well, mostly the decision will be made from the info you completed on the form DS160. Documents are hardly seen.
    Still she must carry a copy of your visa, your income proof, her leave cum employment letter , her salary slip. And your plan for the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      well, mostly the decision will be made from the info you completed on the form DS160. Documents are hardly seen.
      Still she must carry a copy of your visa, your income proof, her leave cum employment letter , her salary slip. And your plan for the trip.

Thanks peace999, how important is leave certificate... because in her company they dont give leave ceritificate.

Thanks
      Vijay Babu

Comment

Like I said , they do not usually look at any documents but you never know any document can be asked for.
        just any proof that she has a sanctioned leave for xxx period.

Comment

Like I said , they do not usually look at any documents but you never know any document can be asked for.
          just any proof that she has a sanctioned leave for xxx period.
          Hello all,

Wife visitor Visa got approved.

So My scenario is I have B1/B2 visa. And wanted to apply for B2 visa for my wife and wanted to take with me during my business visit.

I was worried about she getting the visa or not. I did a lot of prepration documents questions.. So below are the documents I took.

Mandatory

1) Applicant Passport
          2) DS160 US Visa application confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC).
          3) Proof of fee payment, Bank Receipt
          4) Printout of US Interview appointment letter.
          5) My passport (for B1 visa verification).

Supporting

1) if she is working then Company employment proof. Or if she has taken leave then leave letter.
          2) My company letter stating that they do not have objection me taking my wife with me and staying in the accommodation they provided.
          3) Bank document. Balance proof in dollors
          4) Pay Slips - salary proof
          5) company ID card
          6) marraige certificate

Booked the date on 19th May. In chennai it is a Two day process- One day for OFC (finger and eye scan)
          OFC is open on sundays aswell.

Day of interview.
          time was 9am.
          arrived there at 8:45. stood in line for 10mins and sent in.

VO: what is the purpose
          wife: tourism, My husband is travelling on B1 so I will be accompanying.

VO: what is your and your husbands salary?
          wife : told and showed mine and hers paslips (Vo did not even look properly)

VO : how many days will be there
          Wife : 3 weeks.

VO : okay, enjoy your travel. your passport will reach you in 3-4 days.
          Wife : thanks

I would like thank the forum and peace999 who have helped me a lot during the preparation.

Thanks
          Vijay Babu

Comment

congratulations.

Comment

Husband B1, applying B2 for wife

Hi Peace999,

I have been issued B1/B2 Visa a week ago and I`m about to travel to US on 19th Jul.

I had applied for B2 Visa for my wife this week, unfortunately it was rejected with 214(b).

Could you please let me know the chances of getting Visa if I really sometime soon (within a month)?

My wife is a housewife and during her interview she said she want to accompany me as a tourist during business visit.

VO did not look at any document and rejected.

She is actually doing her Company secretary course. Will it be a problem if I answer she is a student while re-applying as initially I answered she is a homemaker?

My tickets have been booked and I`ll be travelling back in October and would like to have her in US for some sightseeing.

Looking forward to your advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Peace999,

I have been issued B1/B2 Visa a week ago and I`m about to travel to US on 19th Jul.

I had applied for B2 Visa for my wife this week, unfortunately it was rejected with 214(b).

Could you please let me know the chances of getting Visa if I really sometime soon (within a month)?

My wife is a housewife and during her interview she said she want to accompany me as a tourist during business visit.

She is actually doing her Company secretary course. Will it be a problem if I answer she is a student while re-applying as initially I answered she is a homemaker?

My tickets have been booked and I`ll be travelling back in October and would like to have her in US for some sightseeing.

Comment

Husband B1, B2 for wife rejected

Hi Peace999,

Comment

raks4world

In my opinion she was rejected because both of you applied separately.
                  If both of you wanted to travel together, you should have applied together.

This way the officers think you are tricking them by applying separately.

Now let her apply when you go to US the second time. Not this time.
                  Last edited by peace999; 07-10-2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

In my opinion she was rejected because both of you applied separately.
                    If both of you wanted to travel together, you should have applied together.

This way the officers think you are tricking them by applying separately.

Now let her apply when you go to US the second time. Not this time.

Thanks Peace999 for your prompt reply.

Does she have any chance of getting Visa if she re-applies and provides the purpose as a tourist travelling alone?

Comment

NO chance. the officer will deny again on why she is traveling alone all the way to US?

Just be patient and wait till your second visit.

Comment

NO chance. the officer will deny again on why she is traveling alone all the way to US?

Just be patient and wait till your second visit.

Thank you very much Peace999.

I understand I have no chance. This US trip has become one of the worst moments in my life.

My 1st wedding aniversery is in August and my employer has booked my return tickets for 16th October.

I pray no one else come across similar situation of not able to spend time on their 1st wedding aniversary together. :-(

Comment

take heart

you are very young so you are feeling that way.

As you go through life , you see people go through so much and worse things can happen.
                          this is nothing. So keep your spirits up.

Comment

I applied for a B1 visa for my wife and she is a housewife. I have a B1/B2 visa and I am traveling the USA for business purposes. So, I want to take her with me during this trip so I want to take her with me during this trip. So, I need suggestions and guidance to make her application strong.

1. I have seen cases where mostly employed women get the visa but my wife is a housewife. So, How can she show strong ties to her home country??
                            2. What are the supporting documents are needed while the US visa interview??
                            3. Is it okay if I have shown in DS 160 my business associate reference in the column U.S. Contact Information??

Last edited by Toni123; 10-18-2019, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toni123 View Post
                              I applied for a B1 visa for my wife and she is a housewife. I have a B1/B2 visa and I am traveling the USA for business purposes. So, I want to take her with me during this trip so I want to take her with me during this trip. So, I need suggestion and guidance to make her application strong.
                              Open your own thread & ask specific question for others to help.
                              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X