Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for B2 Visa second time after refusal the first time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for B2 Visa second time after refusal the first time.

Hello Friends,

I wanted to know how to answer and "explain" the question "Have you ever been refused a U.S. visa or been refused admission to the United States? Explain". I am going to respond "YES" and was wondering if in the "Explain" I can write the following:
    "TOURIST VISA, B2, DENIED UNDER 214B ON [DATE].
    I ASSUME THAT I WAS NOT ABLE TO CONVINCE THE OFFICER ABOUT STRONG TIES WHICH I HAVE IN MY HOME COUNTRY. I ONLY WANT TO VISIT U.S.A. FOR TOURISM PURPOSE AND HAVE NO INTENTION TO IMMIGRATE PERMANENTLY TO THE U.S.A. FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS WHICH I VERY STRONGLY BELIEVE IN:
    - I HAVE A WELL PAYING JOB AT [EMPLOYER]
    - I HAVE A VERY CLOSE KNIT FAMILY WITH 3 SISTERS AND THEIR FAMILIES, 3 SISTER-IN-LAWS AND THEIR FAMILIES AND MANY FRIENDS.
    - I HAVE A DAUGHTER WHO LIVES WITH HUSBAND AND HER IN-LAWS BUT WE VISIT EACH OTHER EVERY COUPLE WEEKS.
    - I ALONG WITH MY WIFE OWN A HOUSE WORTH [XX] IN [PLACE].
    - I ALONG WITH MY WIFE OWN LAND WORTH [XX] IN [PLACE]."

Please let me know if I can explain the above in the question. Also, my son is a LPR in US.

Your help is very appreciated.

Thanks,
    SunnyJi

you cannot write all that in the form. Only write YES to if you have been denied a visa and 214b as the reason for denial.

Please post your last interview so one can see the reason for denial.

Also post the following;
    1. when was your last interview?
    2. what did you write as the purpose of visit in the form
    3.what did you write as the duration of visit in the form
    4. who all applied ?
    5. who was mentioned as paying for the trip in the form
    6.what is your income roughly ?

Comment

Thank you Peace!

Last Interview: May 07, 2012
      Purpose of visit: Tourism
      Duration of visit: 6 weeks
      Who applied: Myself, my wife and my mother
      Paying for the trip: Mentioned that my son would pay for the trip.
      Income from job: Rs 50,000 pm.
      Interview Language: Gujarati
      Interview Qs: (roughly remember since its been more than 2 years)
      a. Why are you going to U.S.? Tourism.
      b. Who are you going to stay with? Son
      c. Do you have any other children? Yes, daughter. Married and settled here in India
      d. Who is accompanying you for the trip? my wife and mother.

The officer did not look at any other documents since he had already presumed that since my son LPR in US and I am going with my family, I would not return back. I want to convince him/her that I do intend to return back as per above reasons. Also, I feel that we will not live an independent life in U.S. like we live in India and would have to depend on our son for everything. So, there is no reason except visiting U.S. for tourism.

Any help with truthfully filing DS-160 would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

SunnyJi

Comment

yes, what you think as the reason for the denial is correct.
        You have no other sons in India and you showed your son paying for the trip so the officer thought you are somewhat dependent on him.

Do you still have the same job and same income?
        Is your wife working? If yes, what is her income?
        Do you have good savings to show self funding of the trip?
        Is your son still an LPR or has he become a US citizen?

Comment

Do you still have the same job and same income?
          Yes, still the same job and 20% increase from previous time.

Is your wife working? If yes, what is her income?
          No, m wife is not working. She is a home-maker.

Do you have good savings to show self funding of the trip?
          Yes, I have enough savings for the trip and can self fund.

Is your son still an LPR or has he become a US citizen?
          Son is still an LPR but has applied for US Citizenship and has interview this week.

Comment

Well, the criteria for a visitor visa are not uniformly applied. Judgement varies with each officer. All you can do is apply again with your wife , showing own income and self funding. Just get an invite
            from your son. He is not a citizen yet, so let him write himself as an LPR in the invite. Sometimes their systems can show that he has applied for citizenship, so
            if they question you about that , tell the truth.

If you get denied this time, you could apply again but chances would decrease with your son becoming a US citizen.
            Then the only option to visit US would be to get a green card through your US citizen son. You can use it to visit the US thoroughly for 5-6 months
            and then let it expire since you do not want to live in the US.

Comment

B2 visa refused and reapplying

Hi Everyone,
              I am 28 years old married and i have one daughter she is one year old. i have applied for b2 visa to attend the graduation ceremony of my brother last week. I apply with my mother. But visa refused under section 214b or failure to establish ties. I have my own business from 4 years we manufacture and export sportswear products to many countries. I am earning around 3 lakh per month as per average orders. 2nd my family is here my wife and my child. 3rd i have my own house where we are living as property. Also we have other property with high value but that is on my father's name. My brother is gradating end of this month so can i re apply and what i have tell to officer to show the ties. because last time he did not ask me for any docuemnts just ask some questions that written below with answers

vo : good morning
              me : good morning sir

vo: how you doing ?
              me : we are doing good sir thank you how are you (with smile face)

vo: so guys why are going to us ?
              Me : well , sir my brother is grating so we are going to attend the graduation ceremony of my brother.

vo: where from your brother is graduating ?

me: he is graduating from xyz university and told him city also

vo: Have you traveled before internationally ?
              Me: yes to united arab emirates

vo : what you do ?
              me : i have my own business here

vo : what kind of business ?

we manufacture and export sportswear products to many countries

vo : is this your family business?
              me : yes

after that typing 1 minute and handed over yellow paper and said sorry guys this time i can not issue you a visa.
              he did not ask any question to my mother and did not checked any document. i wear a formal address with good looking , hairs are groomed every thing looks perfect.
              Now i have re applied so any one please let me know how to show them or how demonstrate the ties that they are looking for. I read all forums and all peoples say just answer what they ask and very point to point answer , so what if they did not check any thing ? how we can prove that. what if they did not ask any thing regarding the family, business and friends etc. Did i show the documents by my self. Or any help that you guys can provide me. it will be very thankful to you
              thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X