Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa Application doubt - unmarried sibling

Hi!

I am 23 and unmarried. But I have a permanent job here in India (in a IT company). I want to visit my sister in US who is staying there with F1 non-immigrant visa for 2 months on B2 VISA category.

1) Is it better if my sister sponsors me for my trip or do I sponsor myself?
    2) Will an invitation letter to her grad ceremony (from University of South Florida) help me for my visa interview ?

Thanks in advance

Being a student how can she sponsor you?

You have very slim chances as per your situation right now.

If you still want to apply, it's better to sponsor self than getting it from your sister.

What is your experience with present company?
    How much salary you are getting presently?
    What is your travel history?

All the above things will influence on approval of your visa.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your reply

I have an experience about 5 months of experience (I graduated in 2014 and this is my first job)

I am getting above 8 lakhs per annum.

This would be my fist visit outside India.

And, my sister has been working since about 11 months. Though she graduated in 2013, she didnt attend her grad ceremony till now and hence she is planning attending it this year..

So, do you still say that I should sponser myself??

Comment

For you sister to sponsor, she needs to be able to provide proof of sufficent bank balance in US. If that is the case, she can sponsor you. Also, get the invitation letter for attending her graduation ceremony.
        If you are applying for B1/B2 Visitor for attending her graduation, it shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X