Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent need help in filing b2 visa ds-160

Hi All,

I am on H1 B visa. and in process of filing B2 Tourist visa for my father.

I got below question in filing the DS - 160. Could you please help me with it.

My father is an Electrician and he is 62 years old. And, he is not working for any organisation or school. His monthly income will vary based on number request comes from clients. Approx 10,000 Rs per month.

What details should I enter into DS- 160 under the work details sections for below?
    1. Primary Occupation - Shall I choose Other as an option?
    2. If I choose Others - Application is asking to enter Organisation or school name. What should I enter here? Shall I enter as "Self employeed" ?
    3. What is the decent amount shall I enter as monthly income? My father is labor and he do not pay any income taxes. and there is no proof for income. Does visa officer ask for proof of income?

PLEASE HELP ME TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP HERE .

Originally posted by karthick.cit View Post
    Hi All,

I am on H1 B visa. and in process of filing B2 Tourist visa for my father.

I got below question in filing the DS - 160. Could you please help me with it.

My father is an Electrician and he is 62 years old. And, he is not working for any organisation or school. His monthly income will vary based on number request comes from clients. Approx 10,000 Rs per month.

What details should I enter into DS- 160 under the work details sections for below?
    1. Primary Occupation - Shall I choose Other as an option?
    2. If I choose Others - Application is asking to enter Organisation or school name. What should I enter here? Shall I enter as "Self employeed" ?
    3. What is the decent amount shall I enter as monthly income? My father is labor and he do not pay any income taxes. and there is no proof for income. Does visa officer ask for proof of income?

PLEASE HELP ME TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP HERE .
    Well. in the case as you have explained above in your question. I suggest you to please select option "Not Employed" and after selecting this option, you will see a box opened with the instruction, 'EXPLAIN', Now this is the right place where you can enter the appropriate details about your father's activities or profession.

Good Luck

Comment

Hi Hashoo,

Does "Not Employed" means not working any more?

Comment

Well, What I understand from your initial post that neither your father is an employee nor previously, he had any employment. Right...!!

He is just a domestic employee like; cook, butler, tailor etc.

So, this section is truly dedicated primarily for those who are or was working as an employee.

From my point of view, he may be consider as 'Not Employed' or 'Unemployed' or 'Jobless' etc.

If you select other option then you need to specify his primary occupation status with documentary evidence.

If you select Retired option then you need to provide his past employment with proof.

Although, "Not Employed" is a negative sign for the applicant but in the explain box you can detailed every thing truthfully and honestly and similarly your father can explain to the consular officer in the interview meeting about his professional activity.

Remember, In cases of older applicants who may not have had an opportunity to form many ties, consular officers may look at the applicants specific intentions, family situations, financial resources, long-range plans and prospects within his or her country of residence. Good Luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X