Request advice on Passport Validity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request advice on Passport Validity

I have my Indian Passport which is valid till 25th Oct 2015.

The Expiration Date of my US Visa B1 / B2 is 26 April 2017.

I am planning to visit US this year in July for a period of 2 Months ( July & August 2015 ) with a confirmed onward and return journey tickets

Request you to kindly advice whether I need to renew my passport for undertaking the visit during the above months.

Thanks and regards.

Yes. You have to renew your passport as there should be at least 6 months validity of your passport while entering another country.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ideal sol View Post
      Yes. You have to renew your passport as there should be at least 6 months validity of your passport while entering another country.

Thanks for your quick response which I value.

Can you please also let me know whether I need to renew my visa or I can still still travel with my existing visa as the Visa is valid during the period of my visit.

Thanks in advance and warm regards

Comment

Originally posted by Viswanathan P R View Post
        Thanks for your quick response which I value.

Can you please also let me know whether I need to renew my visa or I can still still travel with my existing visa as the Visa is valid during the period of my visit.

Thanks in advance and warm regards
        What you need to do is to carry your old passport where your visa is stamped and also the new passport which you will have reissued. That means you have to carry both old and new passports. You do not need to renew your visa now.
        This is what we did when we visited last time.

Comment

Originally posted by ramabalaji View Post
          What you need to do is to carry your old passport where your visa is stamped and also the new passport which you will have reissued. That means you have to carry both old and new passports. You do not need to renew your visa now.
          This is what we did when we visited last time.
          Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance. Sincerely appreciate your help.

Warm Regards

Comment

Yes, your US visa is still valid up to the date mentioned on it, even after expiring the present passport.

You need to carry both the passports after renewal of your passport. There is no renewal for US visa and you have to reapply after expiration.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X