why was she rejected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why was she rejected?

My cousin in Colombia recently applied for a visitors visa and was denied and they didn't even check her documents. I can tell a little about the interview based on what she told me. They asked why she was going to the states and she said to visit Disneyland (she was going to visit her family which is 100% legal in the states) so maybe the officer caught on that she was lying?then they asked when and for how long. She said during saints week for 1 week. She said she was staying in a hotel alone. Then they proceeded to ask her if her parents lived in Colombia, and if she had younger siblings. The answer was yes to both. Lastly they asked if they had visas them selfs and the answer was no. They denied her immediately. What did she do or say wrong?

Put yourself in the Officer shoes.
    You have to decide if the applicant story is credible. And you are convinced that he/she will return back after the intended purpose of the visit.
    Now, you get to interview this single woman who claims that she's going to visit disneyland and come back. You asked her if her family is going, and she said no. You asked her where she would stay and she said in a hotel ALONE. So she's not meeting friends or family in there.
    What is your decision?
    When is the last time you heard of a single women travelling to a different continent to visit disneyland ALONE?!!

Comment

why was she rejected?

Haha thank you for your response, I told her the same thing!!! Next time she tries she will use us as sponsors because she will stay with us thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X