Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different surname in Visa page and passport

Hi,

I applied B2 visa for my father. My father surname is too lengthy and while filling DS160 it didn't allow me to enter full surname(last two character ,unable to enter). When we went for Bio metric, they told its fine to truncate as it will allow only 32 characters in surname.

Now we got the visa stamped and in the visa page also the surname came without last two characters. In passport we have all the characters.

If my father travel to US with the difference in surname characters in passport and visa , will it be a problem.

Please advise me regarding this as we are planning to book ticket for this next week.

Thanks,
    Navaneeth.T

In USA POE, they go by the visa. So, I do not think he will face any problem at POE

Comment

Thanks for responding.... while we fill the I94 form, whether we need to write the name as in passport or visa.

My father surname in passport is PALLIPALAYAM RAJAMMAL KOLANDAIAPPAN
      surname in Visa is PALLIPALAYAM RAJAMMAL KOLANDAIAPP

Thanks,
      Navaneeth.T

Comment

You can fill as per your passport.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Hi Admin,

Could you please suggest me which one need to be filled in I94 and whether the difference in surname in passport and visa will be a problem.

Thanks,
          Navaneeth.T

Comment

I can quote my case and it is upto you to take or leave it
            My passport given name- Ramanathan Surname NIL
            When I first landed in USA, I filled I 94 form as mentioned in my passport but when I was given the I 94 card it was mentioned Surname Ramanathan Given name Unknown
            I have visited USA 4 times & I always write in I 94 form as mentioned in the I 94 card when I visited first time and there was no problem. This happened before the new rule and now a days you do not need to fill I 94 form.
            The passport will be stamped indicating your stay in USA.
            Please wait for Immi admn suggestion.

Comment

Hi Admin,

Please let me know whether only 33 characters are allowed in visa too .

Could you please suggest me which one need to be filled in I94 and whether the difference in surname in passport and visa will be a problem.

Thanks,
              Navaneeth.

Comment

Originally posted by naveenke View Post
                Hi Admin,

Please let me know whether only 33 characters are allowed in visa too .

Thanks,
                Navaneeth.
                I 94 Form has been done away with. There is no I 94 form to be filled. I have traveled twice to US after this NO I94 Form process got implemented. First time even I was surprised and inquired several times with the airline staff and ground personal.

So relax.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X