Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about I134 (Sponsorship)

Hi,

My in-laws are going for the visa interview. I am sending them the I134 as a sponsor. In the section 9 of the form, I need to list the persons for whom I have previously submitted affidavit of support. I had sponsored my parents back in 2011, but don't remember the exact date. So, in the "date submitted" section, is it fine to fill in an approximate date?

Thanks
    Bibhu

A reasonable approximation of a date is acceptable, but use "01/01/year," as "01/01" is considered a recognized estimate of a date.

--Ray B

Originally posted by bd_delhi View Post
    Hi,

My in-laws are going for the visa interview. I am sending them the I134 as a sponsor. In the section 9 of the form, I need to list the persons for whom I have previously submitted affidavit of support. I had sponsored my parents back in 2011, but don't remember the exact date. So, in the "date submitted" section, is it fine to fill in an approximate date?

Thanks
    Bibhu

Comment

It is extremely unlikely that they will be asked to show the I-134. You could as well write a letter to the consulate for them to carry saying that you will support them, and have them carry your employment letter/bank statement/pay slips of past 3 months. Again, unlikely that this will be asked either but good to keep them just in case. (I am presuming the interview is in India.)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X