Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed please - B2 visa

Hi,

I am planning to invite and sponsor my unmarried, not employed sister to USA to visit me and my family. She is not employed by choice because she is taking care of my elderly mother (69 years) at home. She is also taking care of her finances, etc. My mother has B2 tourist visa and she has visited me twice. However, this time I want to invite my sister with my mother as my mother is old and she needs help during travel and stay here. I am working so I will not be with her all the time. But I do plan to take vacations and show them places for tourism. My sister's visa has been rejected thrice but that was 7 years ago. She is 40+.

In DS-160, should I mention she is traveling alone or with my mother? What would be better? Also, I plan to invite them for 6-8 weeks to stay with me and then both will go back. How do I prove that?

Please help...thank you!

Can anybody please help.....I am really confused

Comment

To your question about what you should mention the answer is always: be truthful to the consular officer. You are ALWAYS on a stronger footing when you are honest, not just in the moral sphere but also as a practical matter at the visa interview.

Your sister has a steeper hill to climb but it is not insurmountable. Anticipate the questions she will be asked, formulate a response, and have her prepare well through mock drills. Likely questions will pertain to her financial situation, family situation, and questions pertaining to you, your visa status, your job and income (since you are funding the trip).

Comment

Travel alone or together?

Thank you for your response pb2au.

I am going to be honest on paper and by words.

It is just that, I was thinking if there are better chances of my sister getting a visa, if she travels alone (family ties of my mother back home) then I will not mention my mother's name as a co-traveler, and I will let her travel alone this time. Otherwise, I will mention my mother's name in DS-160 as a co-traveler and call them both together to US.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Comment

Honesty is the best policy

Originally posted by techiedkb View Post
          Thank you for your response pb2au.

I am going to be honest on paper and by words.

It is just that, I was thinking if there are better chances of my sister getting a visa, if she travels alone (family ties of my mother back home) then I will not mention my mother's name as a co-traveler, and I will let her travel alone this time. Otherwise, I will mention my mother's name in DS-160 as a co-traveler and call them both together to US.

Please let me know. Thank you.
          In my opinion it would benefit full if you were to add both (mother and sister) to the paperwork because it will add solidity to your story. You said that your sister doesn’t work and she takes care of you mom; well traveling overseas it is not an easy task and the care giver (your sister) will need to assist. It will show that you are telling the truth. It is always easier to prove and show that things that are actually happening in your life. I would say if you want them to come both and your sister is taking care of your mom than add her to the paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by ts64 View Post
            In my opinion it would benefit full if you were to add both (mother and sister) to the paperwork because it will add solidity to your story. You said that your sister doesn’t work and she takes care of you mom; well traveling overseas it is not an easy task and the care giver (your sister) will need to assist. It will show that you are telling the truth. It is always easier to prove and show that things that are actually happening in your life. I would say if you want them to come both and your sister is taking care of your mom than add her to the paperwork.
            thank you for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X