Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum stay requirements for sponsor

Hi,

I have recently moved to to the US on L1-B visa and want to sponsor my parents.
    As per the list of required documents, I am supposed to present my W2 but since I just moved, I don' have one. My question is if there's any minimum period for which an L1 B visa holder should have lived in US before sponsoring someone. If not, how do I go about this IRS documentation requirement.
    I have one additional question.
    In terms of ties, my parents don't have their own house in India, though my father works there and my brother is a UK citizen. How good are their chances of getting a visitor visa?

-Thanks in advance

Minimum Stay

You may sponsor your parents from abroad if you are at least 18years old, meet the income requirements, and are either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
    Last edited by samlynn; 05-07-2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Akita,

I have to respectfully disagree with part of your response below: "...you may sponsor your parents from abroad..." A sponsor must have a U.S. domicile, or if temporarily abroad for certain employment categories, must still be maintaining a U.S. domicile, or must provide evidence of returning to a U.S. domicile before or at same time as sponsored immigrant.

--Ray B

[QUOTE=akitaN9;400103]You may sponsor your parents from abroad if you are at least 18years old, meet the income requirements, and are either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
      Last edited by samlynn; 05-07-2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the information. But how do I go about the IRS documentation? Since I moved in March I don't have any income tax return from US. I only have it from India.

[QUOTE=rayb;400137]Akita,

I have to respectfully disagree with part of your response below: "...you may sponsor your parents from abroad..." A sponsor must have a U.S. domicile, or if temporarily abroad for certain employment categories, must still be maintaining a U.S. domicile, or must provide evidence of returning to a U.S. domicile before or at same time as sponsored immigrant.

--Ray B

Originally posted by akitaN9 View Post
        You may sponsor your parents from abroad if you are at least 18years old, meet the income requirements, and are either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X