Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!

Hello

i filled my ds160 application and submitted it successfully, paid my visa fee and scheduled my appointment. I work for a bank and I chose "Government" and then I specified "Banker" since the bank is under the government sector!

Please tell me will this be a problem in the interview?????? Or it isn't a big deal and I can explain to the interviewer?

thank you

ps i applied in American consulate in Istanbul turkey but since you all have the same guidelines I wish you fill me in ASAP!!!

I don't know if you will have a problem, but the consular officer may treat you like an idiot.

Eximbank is a government quasi-agency, but Halk/Vakiflar/Cumhuriyeti Ziraat/Iller are all separately incorporated, although all their shares are owned by the government. That is not quite the same as being a civil servant.

You should be able to explain it to the consular officer.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      I don't know if you will have a problem, but the consular officer may treat you like an idiot.

Eximbank is a government quasi-agency, but Halk/Vakiflar/Cumhuriyeti Ziraat/Iller are all separately incorporated, although all their shares are owned by the government. That is not quite the same as being a civil servant.

You should be able to explain it to the consular officer.
      I forgot to mention that I am not from India so I don't know what you're talking about... I am from Libya and I applied in Turkey given the circumstances in our country. The bank I work for is under the government sector that's why I chose that actually.

Thank you for the reply anyway!

Comment

I assumed you were a Turk.

Good luck on your tourist visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X