B2 Visitor Visa Non Tax Payer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visitor Visa Non Tax Payer

Hello, I am married with three children working online as a virtual assistant in the Philippines with various employers all over the world. My husband and myself have been working through the internet for 5 years. My question is, after submitting the application for US visa, will they do a background check and does it affect that we don't pay our taxes? We get paid through paypal so we did not really care declaring our income to the Government. We don't have much in our bank accounts however my father is the one sponsoring my trip along with my sisters. I am the only one to apply my husband and kids are not included. Basically the only "strong" ties I have in the Philippines is my family. Do you think I have a chance? My interview will be on August 14. Thank you.

B2 Visitor Visa

Your a non-us citizen applying for a visitor visa to come to the United States of America. You will apply by filling out the application and they will ask for certain documentation. Those things they will use for your interview so essentially, they have you gather what they will need to make a decision. Your providing your own background information for them to check.

Even if your father is sponsoring you, you will be asked questions on the application that will pertain to income or what you do for a living. Are you required by law in the Philipines to file taxes? If yes, then not filing is illegal, if not, no worries.

As far as strong ties, your entire family unit staying behind should be sufficient, but it's up to the consulate officer the day of your interview so no one can say for sure.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X