Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa - US

Hi All,

I need info around applying my parents US visitor visa.

I came to US on dependent visa but got job afterwards and have been working with a reputed firm for last 3 years. I am applying for the vistor visa for my parents, and while completing DS-160, they are asking the person paying for their trip. I am putting my name there, but I just wanted to confirm what should I put my last name because in the passport and US Stamped visa, I have my last name same as parents, but after coming to USA, for the sake of ease, I have taken my spouse's last name and all other documents like bank statement, job letter etc has my last name as my spouse's last name ( passport still has one before marriage ).

Can someone please advise in the matter?

Thanks!

Last name does not matter. You should just fill in whatever legal name you are using right now. Having the same last name is not evidence that you are their child.

Moreover, you are not applying for their Visa. They are applying for their own Visa. All you are doing is paying for their trip and helping them prepare the form.

Not for the sake of this, but in general you should get all your names to be consistent. So change your passport to your married name asap.
    Last edited by kabkaba; 08-12-2015, 03:53 PM.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X