Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-2 Visa For My Girlfriend

Hey guys,

I had a question regarding obtaining a visa for my girlfriend to visit America.

I am currently working and living in Thailand for an American/Thai company. She is a Thai national. I plan on visiting America during the Christmas holiday to visit family for about 3 weeks and would love to bring her along. I would like to sponsor her. From all the forms I've read, most assume that the sponsor (me) is living and working in America, which is not my case. I would also assume this builds a stronger case for me as I am not planning to marry her and stay in America because of my and her ties in Thailand.

What are you guys opinions on the matter and how to go about applying in this case?

If I am sponsoring her does she need to have records of jobs and financial income? Thailand is a poor country and most people work under the table for small wages which is her case as well.

You as a sponsor don't have to be in the US. You can be anywhere as you are just providing financial support.

If she does not have a stable job and documented income that is good enough, it would be extremely difficult for her to get visitors visa as young single female.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X