Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! Will I get into the usa

Dear sir/madam

I hope you can help me with some advice, I am currently in a state of panic!

My family and I (myself, my husband and our 7 year old) have booked and paid for a holiday in Orlando in 7 weeks time.

I few months ago I applied for, and had all our ESTA's excepted and confirmed.

this is our second 'Disney Holiday', we went in 2013 without issue.

Yesterday when I was shopping I accidentally omitted to pay for a small low priced Item I missed in my trolley at checkout. the police were called and did not want to proceed, they wanted the shop security to allow me to pay for the item but they wouldn't let me. Finally the police issued me with a fixed penalty notice, they said this was my best option as I couldn't prove I intended to pay. The notice states that signing it and Payment is not an admission of guilt and I will not receive a criminal record however a note will be kept in case of further offence.

so not only am I mortified by he whole 'shoplifting' experience but I am in a panic over our holiday!

Will I get denied entrance to the USA? Will homeland security/Airport control know of my change of circumstance. I already have the ESTA but will they consider I have lied or should have updated the change or should I now apply for a visa and declared the offence, if it is an offence?
    I seem to remember filling out another form on the flight last time asking me if I have ever been arrested...was I arrested.

oh dear god I hope this going to be okay, I feel sick! I hope you can guide and advise me please.

thank you for your time and consideration

help! Will I get into the usa

It's not even a misdiminor, did they literally put you in jail? If not it was only a warning. So so don't think it would affect you

Comment

Originally posted by iahp70@hotmail. View Post
      It's not even a misdiminor, did they literally put you in jail? If not it was only a warning. So so don't think it would affect you
      Thank you for your help
      Last edited by Mummybear; 09-06-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

well the note says is not on your record, so if I was you I would say NO. but if you are not sure just check the florida police website to see if whatever you did is on record or even better, ask them and be 100% sure.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

help! Will I get into the usa

You have NOTHING to worry about. There were no charges or arrests made and therefore no criminal records either. Any questions about your criminal history would have the exact same answers they had before this incident. I would actually consider what happened a non-incident.

Enjoy your Disney World trip! I have been there many times.. One of my favorite places to vacation with my family

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X