X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purpose of Mom's visit visa to see pregnant daughter

Hi Group Members

Plz could u kindly help me in my queries for my following scenario:

I am a Green card(conditional) holder in New York and want to invite my mom(living with my retired dad and student siblings) from Pakistan to stay with me during and after my pregnancy, and also to visit US. I need moral support, and want to share my first baby's joy with her, as Im v close to her. I dont need her to baby-sit or do house chores. I have maid coming for it already, and can arrange her to help me in baby-sitting as well. Also, I just started working v recently(professional job), and my husband works full time too. Following are my queries and concerns plz, if anyone can kindly advise me:

1- What should be the reason to apply for Visitor Visa? (Mom applying first time for US, has visited Europe in past 5 years, no one else in family visited US before other than me). Should the reason on form DS-160 be: "Tourism AND meeting Family"?
    My concern: During Visa interview, if officer specifically asks: "Is your daughter pregnant?", and my mother saying yes; wouldn't this contradict the above purpose in DS-160 of Tourism and Family meet-up?
    May be my mom can add herself that she is going to meet family n welcome baby plus tourism before and after delivery. She may say explicitly that the officer should not take her purpose as baby-sitting, as her daughter(me) already has maid's arrangement for it. Will such self-explanation be a good approach?

My sole concern is: If she writes Tourism and family meet-up as purpose, and then also tells upon officer's inquiry that I'm pregnant, will this not be considered hiding a fact?or incomplete information/ contradiction to purpose written on DS-160? (We dont want to write purpose as Pregnancy as this would suggest baby-sitting work, which is not the case).

2- My mom is a house-wife, never worked, has no bank account, plus my father's earnings are also not consistent sufficient for proving funds. Hence, shall my husband sponsor her or I should sponsor myself?(I just started working 1 month ago, so I never filed tax returns in US yet, neither have past months bank statements; but my husband has solid financial background).

3- Although mom cannot sponsor herself, still should she take along with herself house documents which my father owns? Utility Bills? (to show economic ties to home country?)

4- For social ties, what can she take along as proof? Family tree certificate from NADRA, siblings university enrollment letter, father's passport, siblings id's, family photographs. Are these enough to prove social/family ties?

Still my main concern remains as the purpose of her trip to US, in case of officer asking pregnancy question explicitly.

Kindly advise and help. Thanks!

Even we were in a similar case. We mentioned the reason as "Tourism and meeting family" itself. The question of pregnancy did not prop up during the interview and visa was granted to both my parents. We had decided to not give out any unnecessary information unless it was asked for. If pregnancy issue was indeed asked, we would reply honestly. I don't feel we are violating anything here. Being honest and logical would be the best way to handle this situation

Comment

Originally posted by shenoy View Post
      Even we were in a similar case. We mentioned the reason as "Tourism and meeting family" itself. The question of pregnancy did not prop up during the interview and visa was granted to both my parents. We had decided to not give out any unnecessary information unless it was asked for. If pregnancy issue was indeed asked, we would reply honestly. I don't feel we are violating anything here. Being honest and logical would be the best way to handle this situation
      Thanks a lot! Ur input is definitely helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by goodgirl View Post
        Hi Group Members

Plz could u kindly help me in my queries for my following scenario:

I am a Green card(conditional) holder in New York and want to invite my mom(living with my retired dad and student siblings) from Pakistan to stay with me during and after my pregnancy, and also to visit US. I need moral support, and want to share my first baby's joy with her, as Im v close to her. I dont need her to baby-sit or do house chores. I have maid coming for it already, and can arrange her to help me in baby-sitting as well. Also, I just started working v recently(professional job), and my husband works full time too. Following are my queries and concerns plz, if anyone can kindly advise me:

1- What should be the reason to apply for Visitor Visa? (Mom applying first time for US, has visited Europe in past 5 years, no one else in family visited US before other than me). Should the reason on form DS-160 be: "Tourism AND meeting Family"?
        My concern: During Visa interview, if officer specifically asks: "Is your daughter pregnant?", and my mother saying yes; wouldn't this contradict the above purpose in DS-160 of Tourism and Family meet-up?
        May be my mom can add herself that she is going to meet family n welcome baby plus tourism before and after delivery. She may say explicitly that the officer should not take her purpose as baby-sitting, as her daughter(me) already has maid's arrangement for it. Will such self-explanation be a good approach?

My sole concern is: If she writes Tourism and family meet-up as purpose, and then also tells upon officer's inquiry that I'm pregnant, will this not be considered hiding a fact?or incomplete information/ contradiction to purpose written on DS-160? (We dont want to write purpose as Pregnancy as this would suggest baby-sitting work, which is not the case).

2- My mom is a house-wife, never worked, has no bank account, plus my father's earnings are also not consistent sufficient for proving funds. Hence, shall my husband sponsor her or I should sponsor myself?(I just started working 1 month ago, so I never filed tax returns in US yet, neither have past months bank statements; but my husband has solid financial background).

3- Although mom cannot sponsor herself, still should she take along with herself house documents which my father owns? Utility Bills? (to show economic ties to home country?)

4- For social ties, what can she take along as proof? Family tree certificate from NADRA, siblings university enrollment letter, father's passport, siblings id's, family photographs. Are these enough to prove social/family ties?

Still my main concern remains as the purpose of her trip to US, in case of officer asking pregnancy question explicitly.

Kindly advise and help. Thanks!
        Hi, was your mom's visa accepted.. i have a similar case and was looking for help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X