B2 Visa Extension and sponsoring for green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa Extension and sponsoring for green card

I want to sponsor my mother's green card. She is presently in USA but her B2 visa (I-94) expires on the 9th of February. My oath ceremony is on the 7th of February for becoming a US citizen. Is it better to hurry up and file I-130 and I-485 together. Or is it a good idea to apply for a extension of B2 visa and apply in the mid of February? My mother is old and cannot travel alone. And I cannot take her back to India right now as I will have to give up my Indian passport and getting the US passport and OCI takes time. Will taking a stay extension effect her I-485 or I-130 application in case for some reason they reject her visa extension.

If you file her visa extension and by chance it rejects that may create some problem. Do you have oath ceremony on the same day? I yes, then i would suggest to file I-130 and I-485 as soon as you become US Citizen.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Medical exam and e notification

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      If you file her visa extension and by chance it rejects that may create some problem. I would suggest to file I-130 and I-485 as soon as you become US Citizen.
      " Thanks for your help. Can I get my mother's medical done before I become a citizen? Also if I mail it by overnight and receive e-notification (G1145) before I-94 expiry will it be okay or do I need a receipt notice before I-94 expiration."

Comment

Yes.

e-notification wil be fine.
        This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X