Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about B2 Visa, 10 year with Multible entry

Hi,

I previously travelled to the USA and stayed for 5 months on a b2 travel visa. June - Oct.
    They issued me with a 10 year, multible entry visa. Which I just realised today, allowed multible entries.

However, I applied for another b2 visa at the consulate in London on Friday, to travel for afurther 4 months. This was however refused. No reason was given, in fact the man was very rude and didn't ask me any questions, he was typing and then said it had been refused. I was not happy, so upon further questioning I accertain that I'd need to prove stronger ties to the UK. But I still do not know whether that was the official reason. My own thoughts are that since I had only just been in the USA, reapplying, might make it look like I want to move there.

However I am realising now that since my previous visa was valid for 10 years, that I probably should not have reapplied?

Thus my questions are:
    1) can I still use the previous 10 year travel visa to enter the US. Or because my new visa was refused, has the invalidated my old one?
    2) by completing a new visa application, and having this refused, have I messed this up for returning to the USA?

3) I want to go to the USA after I am going to Canada in a few weeks. I was going to cross the border by land, as I want to go to the USA for just a few weeks to go to my friends wedding. Would I have difficult using the still valid B2 visa to do this.

Thanks
    Last edited by Sebastian Felix Jäger; 01-27-2016, 12:19 PM.

If they have not stamped "CANCELED WITH NO PREJUDICE" or verbally told you that it's canceled or implied in any other way that it's canceled , you should be fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X