B2 entry after getting married to US citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 entry after getting married to US citizen

I am a US citizen and recently got married to a French citizen. We live in France and would now like to come spend 5 months in the US. My wife has had a B2 visa for a while and has made multiple trips in and out of the US over the last few years with no problems. These trips took place before she was married. In addition, we have a dual citizen child together. My question is, will she have problems entering the US on an existing B2 visa now that she is married to a US citizen?

Should not be an issue, but it's always CBP's call at the end of the day. She should carry documents that show her ties to France, as well as a return ticket.

Not legal advice, just my suggestion.

Comment

Since, she already have B2 visa, she can freely travel to USA.

Usually they don't ask about anyone's marital status at the POE, so she should be fine getting admission.

You may want to go to the POE officer separately - like you & your kid on one window & your wife on a different window.

- Not a legal advice, just MY opinion.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X